74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
puddytat
puddytat
52 posts

Re: I Gotta Problem with this record...
Jul 09, 2007, 18:50
murgatroy wrote:
this could well be my favourite recent Cope offering.

I agree wholeheartedly. But that doesn't make it an exceptional piece of work. The sounds that harken back to Jehovahkill, 20 Mothers, Autogeddon, et al. seem like a pastiche of nostalgia to me. Fleeting echoes of brilliance. Truth is, the 21st century has spawned a dark, dreary, disenchanted Cope.

Vampire State is a good song, but it's no Shaman UFO. A Child Is Born is a good song, but it's no Soul Desert. You Gotta Problem is good (tho it works best played in the background of a stimulating conversation due to its time-challenged drumming) but it's no Hanging Out and Hung Up on the Line. They Got a Different Way is good, but it's no Ain't But the One Way. Peggy Suicide Is A Junkie is marginally good, but it's no Michele of My Former Self. Doctor Know is okay, but it's no The Tower. And on and on and on.

The only song that makes me groove and lifts my spirits is Hidden Doorways. Apparently, judging from the fact that no one has even mentioned the song, I must be in the infantesimally small minority, which of course makes me the true trailblazing alternative refusenick, right? (Winky Smiley)

I digress, but I believe I'm entitled. After all, I am the savant guardian.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index