I Gotta Problem with this record...

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

I Gotta Problem with this record...
Jun 27, 2007, 06:52
...because I'm listening in repeat mode for 2 days. I must say this record is AWESOME. I just woke up and I have this feeling: during my sleep Julian's cd was playing in my head all night long. Wow!!! This is a real turn in recent years and an aproach to a more pop form. Hoooraaay for that.

BTW, Julian is trying to sound like Scott Walker in Beyond Rome in a Tilt kind of way, isn't he? Great song.
Jogga
Jogga
116 posts

Re: I Gotta Problem with this record...
Jun 27, 2007, 08:20
I'd say so and on Sick Love I reckon too but deffo Beyond Rome. Can't wait to hear these songs live now. Why are we never satisfied ; ) Agree about the t shirts ; )
common era
865 posts

Jun 27, 2007, 16:26
Definitely reminded me of Scott Walker straight away. Sick Love did also.

Great album that just seems to get better with each listen.
Brik
589 posts

Jun 27, 2007, 16:34
Sick Love was the real Walker track for me.
It really is a stunning album. At the minute Woden and Shame Shame Shame are ruling champions. :-)
1001realapes
1001realapes
2389 posts

Jun 27, 2007, 18:49
What about the t-shirts ?

Are they rubbish ?
tinky10675
tinky10675
209 posts

Jun 28, 2007, 05:31
I just YGPWM today(arrived very quickly) While this is by far the best in a long while from JC, It is far from "POP" in my opinion. Great record and I kinda hope it was the result of US fans whom didnt care for the last Brain Donor cd.I'd like to think Julian actualy reads our comments on here and took our coments to heart! The sad thing for me is even if the next album was nothing but armpit farts and harp I would still buy it and most likely like it. Thanks for the great record Julian if you read this!!!
Jogga
Jogga
116 posts

Jun 28, 2007, 10:02
back to the merch but I'd love a bumper sticker with deny your God revere the land if there's any chance ; )
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jun 28, 2007, 12:37
tinky10675 wrote:
if the next album was nothing but armpit farts and harp I would still buy it

So would I. That sounds great!
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Jun 28, 2007, 13:02
Your style, isn't it? Weird as fuck ;-)
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Edited Jun 28, 2007, 16:13
Jun 28, 2007, 15:53
Yup!

I have to say that the references to Scott Walker people have mentioned so far have got me interested. All the cod lite metal posturings have left me increasingly uninterested of late, but if there's some glimmer that he might be breaking some new ground I'd be interested again.
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index