Sgt Pepper must die!

48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: Sgt Pepper must die!
Jun 17, 2007, 14:03
While engaging to read, don't you think this list slagging off lists is a bit hypocritical? I mean, the central theme to that whole article and all the different sections therein is how ridiculous and annoying these lists (that present opinions as 'fact' on a subject that IS subjective!) are and how sick we all are of having these same records shoved down our throats by hype-crazy scribes.....but to illustrate this we are given....yup, just another list presenting opinions as facts, shoving people's thoughts down our throats!!! I can't fucking see the difference! That's like saying, 'You know what? I hate violence...and I'm gonna beat the fuck out of you until you hate it too.'
Bottom line: music is subjective. While I will give my opinion on music from time to time I always remember to note to myself and others that there is no good or bad or wrong or right. I mean, if someone tells me that Boyzone's first record is the best album of all time, they are right. For them, it is. Your favorite cd might be my favorite coaster and vice-versa. That's the subjective nature of personal taste and no matter how much pontificating is done, no matter how many words are typed, spoken, wasted you just cannot turn your opinions into facts, through the use of numbered lists, sheer force of personality, voodoo or any other fucking method! So, rejoice! You are right! Your favorite album of all time IS the best album ever, shit, your whole top 50 is in perfect order, you are absolutely one hundred percent RIGHT!

Just for you, though.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index