Unsung Forum »
Sgt Pepper must die!

48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Sgt Pepper must die!
Jun 15, 2007, 21:15
And he said.."This is a sacred cow but that doesn't mean it can't be turned into hamburger."

Well, sorry to be pedantic, but that's not strictly, too. Even as a veggie, I know the difference between cows and pigs ; )

But printing articles about so-called sacred cows has got a bit here-we-go-again though, hasn't it? Still, whilst we're on the subject, I've always thought Sgt Peppers was over-rated. I like it, but I never thought it was the greatest album of all time or anything. But Pet Sounds, VU & Nico and Marquee Moon are three of my fave albums, so I'm obviously not gonna garee there (no matter how apologetic the Franz Ferdinand guy came across!)

But the Stone Roses. I loved Fools Gold 45, and don't mind the odd track, but I really, really could never understand the fuss about that album. Anyone who thought that was the first album that marred indie and dance, clearly hadn't been listening.

Hilite for me in that article though was Green Gartsides comments re the Arcade Fire album. I like AF, but I'm really not convnced that their new album is as great as some folk are making out. Not yet anyway...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index