Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jan 15, 2011, 12:13
Re: RUSH
Jan 15, 2011, 09:55
I had that Geddy Lee nesting in my chimney breast last winter. Unfortunately, he had a mate, and nature taking it's course, I soon had a brood of beeked nosed bespectled testicular strangulated Canadian bass players making a right old din, I can tell you. I had to smoke the buggers out in the end. I am humane, so they were caged and then released 25 miles away, south of Nether Drabcock. Unfortuntaley, they have since settled in the nearby church steeple, and so that horrible cod reggae bit from 'Spirit of Radio' can be heard everytime they beome agitated by the church bells. Small children and dogs have also gone missing.

Avoid.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 15, 2011, 09:57
The Sea Cat wrote:
I had that Geddy Lee nesting in my chimney breast last winter. Unfortunately, he had a mate, and nature taking it's course, I soon had a brood of beeked nosed bespactled testicular strangulated Canadian bass players making a right old din, I can tell you. I had to smoke the buggers out in the end. I am humane, so they were caged and then released 25 miles away, south of Nether Drabcock. Unfortuntaley, they have since settled in the nearby church steeple, and so that horrible cod reggae bit from 'Spirit of Radio' can be heard everytime they beome agitated by the church bells. Small children and dogs have also gone missing.

Avoid.

I guess the runt of the litter became Brian Molko of Placebo, right?
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Jan 15, 2011, 10:27
Yep. I had a consistant annoying high pitched whining sound in my wall cavities. It was him alright. You can get a plug in sonic thingy that drives him away. I borrowed it from a friend who had a Thom Yorke infestation a while back.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Jan 15, 2011, 11:11
I've got a new 8 month old Ted Nugent. He's adorable. He's going to be huge. I was told that when I took him to have his plectrums clipped. Appaently that's always a sign. They're like great big right wing republican spatulas for a Rock Omelette! I can't wait to take him out hunting. Muse live in a nearby copse. It'll be a blast. Literally.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 15, 2011, 11:56
The Sea Cat wrote:
I've got a new 8 month old Ted Nugent. He's adorable. He's going to be huge. I was told that when I took him to have his plectrums clipped. Appaently that's always a sign. They're like great big right wing republican spatulas for a Rock Omelette! I can't wait to take him out hunting. Muse live in a nearby copse. It'll be a blast. Literally.

I know I'm asking a lot of you here .. but for the sake of the human race, please kill Nuge afterwards.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jan 15, 2011, 12:12
Jan 15, 2011, 12:11
What a swizz. He's not a thoroughbred Nugent after all. I've been had. He's bloody Justin Hawkins. I'm having him put down this afternoon.

There's a lesson in this.
redbarchetta
redbarchetta
335 posts

Jan 15, 2011, 12:31
Right. My tuppence worth. Why I like Rush:

1. For all the cleverness and virtuosity, they're still fundamentally a rock band, playing rock, the whole rock and nothing but the rock. Unlike Yes, who for all their cleverness, are a pop band (nothing wrong with that).

2. They've moved with the times, periodically changing their sound. They've now ditched most of the synths and fallen back on to the guitar/bass/drums format for recent albums.

3. They can still surprise you. Decades into their career they released Vapour Trails which, despite the awful mix (remasters promised soon), is my favourite Rush album.

4. I think they've become a sort of template for bands growing old gracefully. They've kept their dignity intact. They're almost anti-celebrities.

5. They've always done their own thing. The documentary details how they risked being dropped than do what the record company wanted of them. They've never been fashionable. There must be virtue in that.

6. The guitar solo on 'Chemistry'; the way 'Big Money' starts; the off-tangent riffing on 'Red Barchetta'; the bass line on By-Tor and the Snow Dog; the fact that 'Peaceable Kingdom' is second only to John Adams' 'On the Transmigration of Souls' as the most intelligent and compelling musical response to 9/11 I've heard; Alex's hilarious ranting during live versions of 'La Ville Strangiato'; Neil Peart's drumming ...

Sorry. I'm a bit of a fan.
riotmaster
1563 posts

Jan 15, 2011, 21:46
One of thee VERY best!

You can't fault anything up to Moving Pictures in my eyes

After that it gets a bit patchy but their last album was fantastic

Looking forward to the tour now
Fatalist
Fatalist
1123 posts

Jan 17, 2011, 23:19
For me, it's all about the Exit Stage Left live album, from which that superb version of Tom Sawyer comes. It's a fantastic primer of all that's good about Rush, and of course, all the tracks are a bit heavier, so obviously better.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: Haaaa!
Jan 17, 2011, 23:45
red peony wrote:
I happen to have a David Cassidy record over here in the Peony flat. Partridge Family ones, too. It's all a part of the journey to what makes us us! Innit?!

;-x

Give me "I Think I Love You" over anything by Rush. A bonafide Power Pop classic!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index