5373 posts

Re: RUSH
Jun 22, 2006, 15:45
Mid-life crisis perhaps?
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: stinkylink
Jun 22, 2006, 15:50
Nevermind the pix, have you read any of the outraged responses from insulted Rush fans below (even though the owner of the blog says he kind of likes them?)

Now that's what I call a reasoned, cohesive debate! I'd like to see more of that on here.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 22, 2006, 18:12
IanB “For heads who were buying records before 1976 then it is not such a stretch to see their virtues.”

Oh Yes it bloody well is. I was buying records way before 1976 and I never got Rush at all. I tried again recently, 2112 and another, and found it bloody boring. I love Yes, one of my faves of all time is Close to the Edge, now that’s real prog. I really don’t get why Rush are considered prog. The guys I knew who were into Rush were generally musicians and would rave about the musicianship. However as has been proved many times musicianship does not always equate to good music.

Anyway each to his own, I’m of to listen to some ELO.
riotmaster
1563 posts

Jun 22, 2006, 18:49
when i was about 12, i went on my family hols to stay with relatives in Brighton. at that age i was well into my rock/metal and whilst flicking through my cousin Pete's albums i found a Yes album (Going For The One)

i got quite excited as i'd seen their name in Sounds/Kerrang and thought i'd better check em out

30 minutes later i was in a coma and foaming at the mouth. the only thing that brought me round was a blast of Motorhead

Yes = Pile Of Shit (but they had a great logo!)
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Jun 23, 2006, 00:23
;) xx tidy reply there Sootickle. x
red peony
red peony
645 posts

RUSHED
Jun 23, 2006, 02:16
I remember when I was 16 going on a date with some dork who took me to a Rush concert. (A first date should never involve a 4 hour commitment, but I digress) It was 1978 and everyone around me was smoking herbal jazz cigarettes and I got quite a contact high. I didn't care for the music too much, but standing there stoned out of me 16 year-old mind, listening to The Trees and watching the enormous screen and feeling like I was moving thru some lush forest...I was mesmerized.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

aaaaargh nooooooo !
Jun 23, 2006, 09:17
It's one hell of a stretch for me- in fact I hate Rush!

I was buying stuff before 1976 and I never EVER could stand anything by Rush.
Maybe I was lucky to have been exposed to my older brother and sisters record collection- esp. the more 'out there' material- faust, velvets etc. at an impressionable age, I also like(d) prog stuff- vdgg, gabriel-era genesis, gentle giant along with my beloved glam racket- but I just couldn't do with Rush!
If there's a band or artist being discussed on here that I don't like- then I don't usually get involved- but I'm just passionate in my dislike for them! sorry!!

Of course, if they make lots of other people happy, then fine- Enjoy!

;-o
keith a
9574 posts

Re: aaaaargh nooooooo !
Jun 23, 2006, 09:20
It's Ok. I was exposed to my sisters New World and David Cassidy records, and I don't like them either.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: aaaaargh nooooooo !
Jun 23, 2006, 09:21
Maybe Rush should do a 'wine gig' ?
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index