Bristol, brief review

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Re: Bristol, brief review
Feb 21, 2006, 12:37
That present was a chocolate cake. Which seemed to get everywhere. And I mean everywhere.
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Re: Bristol Pics
Feb 21, 2006, 12:38
I took about 80 pics last night, mostly (again) of backs of heads! The curse of being short I suppose! Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with those, got a couple more to do when I can be bothered.

Looking forward to seeing the ones you took, as I know you had a better view than I did.
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 12:38
Damn. Bloody puter.
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 12:53
Works fine; nice pictures!
:0)
Cleira
Cleira
269 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 13:13
Nice one sstomas!
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 13:36
For me...

The venue imposed shortened set was a bit disappointing as it led to only one song during the solo spot ( which I've particuarly enjoyed ) The absence of Starcar on the setlist ( replaced by Shot Down? ) was disappointing too. Thought the drums were way too low in the mix as well. That's me gripes...

Still thoroughly enjoyed the performance ( guess I've been spoilt by two and a half hour shows ) . I hate competing for space at gigs but remarkably had no probs last night and found myself right at the front towards the end ( can't recall that happpening for years ) which may account for my drum sound issue. The highlights for me came early in the set as things seemed to get a bit rushed when the time limitation became known to the band, particularly enjoyed Highway To The Sun and Sunspots.

As ever it was great meeting people, you really are a lovely bunch.

Mark x
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 13:49
>The absence of Starcar on the setlist ( replaced by Shot Down? ) was disappointing too.

Nah, they played Shot Down AND Starcar in Wolves (& Notts, I believe - mebbe others too).

Pix at http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kralkmit2/album?.dir=/67bf&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,5%3af,0 just in case the other thread gets buried....

Twas good to see you again!

love

Moth
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 14:04
shenannying that must have been that thing i was doing last night. What a fab night, my last one for the tour and allthough i'd like to think i went out in style, i suspect it may have been otherwise. Can't exactly remember going home, jon did you lend me some money for a cab?
and hello pootle :)
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 14:11
Thanks Moth, I was guessing , hadn't heard Shot Down live on this tour and it came at about the same point in the show that Starcar was played ( in Ox and London anyway ). I love it when Doggen's given free rein so was disappointed it wasn't played.
( My guitar mania was eventually satisfied during Spacehopper)

I'm really regretting not getting tix for the Wolves gig now as I was in Leicester on Sunday and getting there would have been easy.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 14:21
Yup.

I'm just glad you go there safe.

x

PS Went out in style? Of course! You ARE style.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index