Bristol, brief review

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Bristol, brief review
Feb 21, 2006, 11:20
Aw! Isn't it funny how gigs can feel so different to different people???!!!!! And you were standing near us, so that can't have been much of a factor....

I can understand the 'donoresque' thing (great word!) but admit that it doesn't bother me. I thought his rapport with the crowd was pretty good, meself - not as good as at Oxford, but it's a good job you weren't at the London gig, coz I felt that was a little lacking in that dept. (Only a little tho!)

Anyway, sorry you didn't enjoy it - twas good to see you & sorry I didn't get to say hi to Tim!

Seeya soon, I expect - down your way!

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 11:40
Hmm. I've come across it at quite a few venues in the last few years & it seems to be getting more common. I'm sure it IS usually just the venue that impose it - guess it's better for their staff etc. I really hate it when it's coz they wanna get on with a 'club' night for greed-induced reasons.

I've also come across it at venues in residential areas, but I think that's fairly understandable & forgiveable.

I've seen Julian have to cut gigs short because of curfews & wish he'd get it together to start earlier.... :^(

love

Moth
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 11:49
Yeah, I suppose he could have started earlier and done a full show, still bloody annoying though.

Thinking about it the only other place I can think of is Barfly, they do the same thing, in that band nights are generally over by 10.30, so they can have the club night straight after!
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Bristol Pics
Feb 21, 2006, 12:04
Hope the link works.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16351831@N00/sets/72057594067965093/
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 12:05
The Bonzo Dog re-union was subject to a 10pm curfew so a club night could follow it. Bloody well annoyed me!! Took the gloss off a fantastic evening, they weren't even allowed back on for a curtain call :-(
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 12:20
That sort of thing should be mentioned on the advertising flyers/ websites, IMO.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 12:24
Bah...I lived in Briz for 13 years (now living in Cornwall)
and I miss a gig such as this gutted i wasn't there wiv the HH creW. .
...BuGgEr!
8(

(((yaLi)))
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 12:29
I thought it was fantastic! Pity about the damn curfew again though. I've asked them to play earlier in future so we can (greedily) get the whole set every time.

Lots of birthday drinks, dancing and shenanigans after the show but I still don't know how the bathroom in my hotel room got completely covered in chocolate cake.

*ahem*
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Feb 21, 2006, 12:34
It will certainly influence any future decision I make to see a gig at the Astoria on a week-end.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Bristol Pics
Feb 21, 2006, 12:36
Bet y're pleased with some of them! (I know how frustrated you were at the koko!)

Mine're on their way, but I keep having to work!!!

love

Moth
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index