Coldplay

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Re: Coldplay
Jun 27, 2005, 20:06
"Music lovers fall into two broad catagories, those that listen to music intensely and want to be challanged and moved by it, and those that like something on in the background that has a good tune or a good beat to it."

Very well put, but doesn't
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 27, 2005, 20:55
Probably right there
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 27, 2005, 20:57
But remember Phil Collins was the drummer on a number of Brian Eno albums and I'm not going to throw them away on that basis. Perhaps as well as being a complete capitalist twat he is also a pretty good drummer.
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 27, 2005, 21:03
I can be self-rightoues about music. What I hate is when you play people soemthing and they dismiss it as shite. Then a few months later the band that was dismmised as shite are in the charts and the person who dismissed then is now raving about them. I remember in 1982/1983 buying the first REM releases and people telling me the band was shite. Fair enough, but suddenly a few years later the same people were telling me how great they were. All I want is people to open their minds and their ears and not always be dictated to by the media.

Good music is always good music regardless of

1) It's age
2) The Genre
3) can't think of a 3, sorry

I will now climb down off my high horse, which I feel entitled to be on from time-to-time
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Jun 27, 2005, 21:03
I can be self-rightoues about music. What I hate is when you play people soemthing and they dismiss it as shite. Then a few months later the band that was dismmised as shite are in the charts and the person who dismissed then is now raving about them. I remember in 1982/1983 buying the first REM releases and people telling me the band was shite. Fair enough, but suddenly a few years later the same people were telling me how great they were. All I want is people to open their minds and their ears and not always be dictated to by the media.

Good music is always good music regardless of

1) It's age
2) The Genre
3) can't think of a 3, sorry

I will now climb down off my high horse, which I feel entitled to be on from time-to-time
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Jun 28, 2005, 00:08
haha yeah but being that bland would rest easily on my conscience if I was slipping Gwyneth one and had their combined bank balance
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 28, 2005, 00:18
Well that was the seventies and there were only two Eno albums he played on, as well as one by John Cale. Besides I'm thinking his turn towards the right was a more recent thing...

Just that when he produced Adam Ant was when his own megalomaniac solo career started and I hated his smug shit-eating grin on MTV. I just kept thinking Strip would be as overwrought as "I Don't Care Anymore" and all of Collins, other cack 80s hits...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 28, 2005, 00:19
Typo again...
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Jun 28, 2005, 09:37
Indeed
Rolling Ronnie