Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Re: Zos/singingringingtree
Apr 22, 2005, 15:28
mojojojojoojoojoojoojmo!
did you get my email? i'll burn a few select SCGs for ya if you remind me of yr address - will do 'em for Zos too while i'm at it, if you haven't already got "torch of the mystics" + "horse cock phepner" phil.
lemme know!
Zos
389 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 15:33
Cheers for your offer, man - got 'em both. Love Torch, but I find Horse Cock a little too.... uum... immature for me - just doesn't tickle my funnybone (sorta reminds me of Ween humour - he says after recommending Mark Prindle's site...) - you know I'm a dour and serious fellow!
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 15:40
yeah, that's the SCG thing in a nutshell ... you never know what one's gonna do it for ya ... i usually hate that sorta humour too, but the music just burns on that rec for me ... and Zos, yr not at all dour + serious (for a satanist)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Reissue/remaster these albums NOW!
Apr 22, 2005, 17:12
Got em all myself, but I'm thinking about the next generation of potential fans who were too young to pick them up at the time (just like I was too young for krautrock). The "Ambient IV - Isolationism" is the best of the lot IMO, and it features tracks which are all exclusive and can't be bought elsewhere.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 17:16
Tsk! That kind of talk isn't allowed on here, you know - if you want to be anti-elitist, over to HH with you! In order to participate in Unsung, you first have to pass a test to show that you're familiar with both the Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti albums.
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 18:44
Not a patch on Prawn Hammer though.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 18:58
At least a couple there I'd really love to hear

Habbiyah is the Action/Mighty Baby offshoot band after they'd converted to sufism ain't it?

The Albert Ayler is the goes rock one is it? With Henry Vestine etc?

& I finally got a coipy of Torch Of The Mystics by Sun City Girls this week after my last one was amongst 200 odd nicked in '96. I hadn't seen it anywhere remotely cheap since. I think this one was about $15+p+p from France through Music Stack and it's kin great.
Stevo
Np Grateful DEad Kezar '75 Blues For Allah1
Lugia
970 posts

Gunter Schickert: "Samtvogel". "Uberfällig", also, if it's not been put out again.

Quill: "Quill". The Boston late-psych band, fyi; see my review.

Carl Stone: "Woo Lae Oak". Carl at his spaciest for a full hour.

VA: "Ambient IV: Isolationism". Have to agree...this is criminally absent.

Roots Radics Band: "Scientist and Jammy Strike Back". A mighty dub classic, quashed by George Lucas due to 'trademark infringement' issues.

Jedi Knights: "New School Science". Global Communications masquerade as a cool late 70s/early 80s electro act and also get quashed by George Lucas due to "trademark infringement' issues.

Reload: "A Collection of Short Stories". One of the...if not THE...finest IDM album ever done.

Carla Bley/JCOA: "Escalator Over the Hill". A very strange, trippy progressive jazz 'opera', with loads of famous players walking on and off.

Pretty much anything ever released on the legendary 1750 Arch label. Loads of awesome New Music, almost of all of it currently MIA.

I could go on...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Habbiyah is the Action/Mighty Baby offshoot band after they'd converted to sufism ain't it?

& I finally got a coipy of Torch Of The Mystics by Sun City Girls this week after my last one was amongst 200 odd nicked in '96. I hadn't seen it anywhere remotely cheap since. I think this one was about $15+p+p from France through Music Stack and it's kin great.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Stevo
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index