Unsung Forum »
Unsung Punk

Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Leppo Joove
33 posts

Re: Unsung Punk
Jun 29, 2001, 02:47
Same here. I love Husker Du as much as anyone, but Mission of Burma got there first. Reflective hardcore, anyone?
Leppo Joove
33 posts

Jun 29, 2001, 02:51
Oh, and one last addition before I keel over and pass out. TELEVISION PERSONALITIES! Where's Dan Treacy now?
Droood
58 posts

Jun 29, 2001, 08:17
Flux Of Pink Indians 'The Fucking Cunts Treat Us Like Pricks' (didn't Eastern Bloc In Manchester get done for having that one?)
Rudimentary Peni
Meat Puppets (though they got folkier, but in a nice way)
Subway Sect
The Membranes - Spike Milligans Tape Recorder Still Rocks in that noisy post punk way
The Fabulous Mummies - Out of Our Tree, 60's style garage mania.
Tribute To Nothing, they rocked a few years ago.
Anrhfn, those Welsh scallywags, oh and Da Blugghi, another bunch of Welsh nutters.
Black Flag - Damaged (Though they're hardly unsung).
Anyway thats enough, i'll end up going on forever otherwise.
fuzzbox
28 posts

Jun 29, 2001, 11:24
I love this thread. It makes me want to play all of this music right now. Gang of Four - that first album is great. Subway Sect. The Slits. Crass. Zounds. The Pop Group. I'm out of here to dig out those old singles!
Ta for all the inspiring input.
dru
124 posts

Jun 29, 2001, 12:33
What was that ace Zoundz single on the Crass labe with the chanty chorus? A mate from years back had it and I never got a copy.

Lots of great stuff mentioned on here but not Rudi unless I've missed it. Northern Irish punk pop, 4 singles, couple of classics. Others from same era like Outcasts and Protex were good but Rudi were different class.

Raincoats - Fairytale In The Supermarket is one of the best 7 inchers ever, first album is great too.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Hurrah for the Maps
Jun 29, 2001, 16:06
A Trip to Marineville..released on CD awhile back with bonus tracks.I have it,and used to have the album as well,which at the time came with an ep,some of whose tracks are on the bonus,but not all..and some of the bonus weren't on the ep,etc.

Someone stole all my Maps years ago though..along with all my Roxy and Teardrop amongst other things..*grumblegrumble*
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Blue Orchids!!
Jun 29, 2001, 16:09
I used to have a terric single by them "Work".."We're just salmon swimming against the tide of life"..or something like that..boy,I miss that single(yes yes grabbed with the rest)

I remember seeing their album way back when as well..used to come wrapped in blue plastic.....do you have it?
..or "Work"?..I'd love to hera that again

Do You Believe in Art!?!

Steven
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jun 29, 2001, 16:10
no-one could dance to the Pop Group? wanna bet?!

Thief of FireSquid
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Wire
Jun 29, 2001, 16:11
I think 154 is pretty pysch-ish as well..almost..dare I say..Floydian in parts.
Brillian brilliant band..not sure about Unsung,but well worth Huzzahs!
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Jun 29, 2001, 16:16
Woooooooo.."That's When I Reach for My revolver","Academy Fight Song","This is Not a Photograph"etc..great great Boston band.Roger Miller and Martin Swope(the fourth Burma) went on to be in a somewhat quieter more keyboard based band called Birdsongs of the Mesozoic who did a nice version of Eno's Somber Reptiles(and the theme to The Simpsons) among other things.

Get the Ryodisc compilation if you can find it..the first cd I ever bought.
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index