butthole surfers - locus abortion techni

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: pioughd
Oct 20, 2004, 19:30
Or it could be "pee ode" I suppose . . . .
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Killdozer: where are they now?
Oct 20, 2004, 19:32
Garbage. The whole silly marketing thing where they put out more promos than official records, w/ all the clever packaging or whatever. Never heard them, but I prefer Medicine for that sort of music anyways -- at least they stayed away from all the music-scene gimmicks and shit...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Reagan America
Oct 20, 2004, 19:33
Thinking of Reagan I just started reading Michael Moorcock's Warlord of The Timestreams and I think the character of the name must be thanks to him. That is to say there's a vicious rightwing scoutmaster that causes a great deal of hassle whose name is Reagan.
Funny thing is that the book was released in 71 pre his Preseidential years but I guess he'd had time to make a name as the Senator for California. He's in a clip in the Doors are Open too which was '68 .
Stevo
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Oct 20, 2004, 19:39
Yeah..it was a phoenetic version of the phrase P.O-ed
Mark1971
Mark1971
252 posts

Re: butthole surfers - locus abortion te
Oct 20, 2004, 19:43
i'll second that. the pioughd lp was a just a contract filler lp as they owed an lp i believe.
at the same point gibby released the Jackofficers lp, his foray into acid house! that's worth a listen...
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 20, 2004, 19:44
yeah P offd as in cough or something.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Rembrandt / Cream Corn CD
Oct 20, 2004, 19:49
Just thought I'd mention that the CD version of the Rembrandt album which is on Latino Buggerveil does NOT include the 'Cream Corn' EP - not sure of the label that put the two out together as I only have the vinyls.

Great cover to the original Cream Corn EP though, one of the best record covers I've seen - an enlarged photo of the yank equivalent of mary whitehouse wearing horn-rimmed glasses with the bands name on the side- excellent tracks too!
Lugia
970 posts

Re: Reagan America
Oct 20, 2004, 19:57
Reagan was actually the governor of California during the height of the protest movements in the 1960s, and got that post by appealing to the conservative 'law and order' base of the state. He was infamous for authorizing draconian uses of force against peaceful protests, etc. Not surprising that Moorcock used that name as one for such a character in '71, then...Reagan was pretty reviled by the youth culture by that point in time.
Lugia
970 posts

Oct 20, 2004, 20:00
Killdozer. Love 'em to death. No band before or since has truly brought out that certain je ne sais quoi in Neil Diamond's music. The originals they did were pretty kickin', but where they excelled was in their total savagings of cheeze-pop standards. They're sadly missed...
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Oct 20, 2004, 20:06
I agree, they were one of the greatest "cover bands" ever -- the trick was they played covers exactly the same way they played originals -- to hear them play it, you'd think they wrote "Good Lovin Gawn Bad" and "Funk #49" . . .
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index