butthole surfers - locus abortion techni

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Also.....
Oct 22, 2004, 17:21
As mentioned by the various Buttheads (!) here...
....if you do get into it, then try the other three butthole-belters!...
'psychic powerless...' 'rembrandt pussyhorse' and 'hairway to steven'
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Medicine
Oct 22, 2004, 17:31
Nice to see another fan here.
Are yo into any of Brad Laner's other bands? Steaming Coils, Electric Company or Savage REpublic ?
I haven't really heard much by the first two though they're both sposed to be pretty massively psychedelic experimental bands. I think The SR stuff that he's on is incredible though. Which was why i picked up on Medicine in the first place. I think i need to get hold of the material on cd, that first lp seems to be an even more addicitive MBV or something.
Got the cd from last year with Bruce lee's daughter Shannon and wasn't that impressed by it.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: butthole surfers - locus abortion techni
Oct 22, 2004, 17:40
'88?
I may have been at both of those too. in fact while I was in London last year I bumped into the American lead singer of one of the Grebo acts (BOMb party?) who'd scaled the front of the Clarendon and got in through the window that night. Great gig. I know there's some footage from a Mean Fiddler date from around then that was broadcast on snub. With Shaun from God pretty visible throughout. I think that Peter Fowler the camera guy for that program may have filmed a lot more material around that time. I was aquainted with him through Nina Canal of Ut so recognised his presence.
would anybody here know him? If he is around then he's wanted for the Gun Club documentary, especially wondering if he has more of the Town and Country Gun Club footage from '87 since I think he had the camera going throughout. If memory serves.
(also if anybody knows the whereabouts of the Leeds based Gun Club tour manager Steve (Weave?) I'd be grateful to find out how to contact him.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Rembrandt / Cream Corn CD
Oct 22, 2004, 17:42
That hasn't shifted it to Psychic Powerless has it? I'm pretty certain that there was one version of that on cd with that as bonus tracks
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 22, 2004, 18:08
I've heard FourWayCross when he was playing in that group. I think the new version is w/out Jim Goodall though... (Ex-Flying Burrito Brother supposedly and one-time Whitehouse member.)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 22, 2004, 18:09
New version of Medicine I should've said!
superboss
325 posts

Re: Also.....
Oct 22, 2004, 19:23
hairway is my fave

"oh johnny smoke"
bigariel
38 posts

Oct 22, 2004, 23:26
yeah, that sounds about right, I remember loads of people outside who couldnt get in , also remember this was the first time I bottled out from moshing at the front, as we were trying to fight our way forward we saw loads of people bleeding trying to fight there way back!!
Also Wife has just reminded me my mates band were supporting (terminal cheesecake anyone?)
Also none of this is reliable as much of Mr owsleys children were living in my brain at the time!
Thanks for the memorys
alan lake soon
349 posts

Oct 23, 2004, 17:24
Playing it now. Mummy, I'm scaaaaaared! Make the nasty man stop!

'Hairway to Steven' has got to be one of the best album titles ever, no?

alspooked x
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Oct 23, 2004, 17:39
"kun-kun-kun-kun-kuntz.........

....KUNTZ.....KUNTZ....."

8-]
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index