There's no escape!

(loud reverbed cackle)

"ee...ee...ee...aah..aah"

>:-]
Lugia
970 posts

Re: God's Favorite Dog
Oct 20, 2004, 14:38
Aha! You're RIGHT...I'm confusing it with ANOTHER amazing Surfers-related compilation that I also only have on cassette: "A Texas Death Trip". This thing is a bunch of underground stuff that came to the Surfers' attention, some of which wound up being produced by them to varying lysergized degrees. The most extreme/psychotic of which was, yes, that Daniel Johnston track...but again, much of it is brilliant and all startlingly unsung.

And like "God's Favorite Dog", it's yet another thing I'd kill to have on CD. Not to worry about transferring "GFD" to cassette, btw...I still have mine, it's just getting quite long in the tooth.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: butthole surfers - locus abortion techni
Oct 20, 2004, 14:39
Tis indeed a warped masterpiece of gargantuan proportions. Still spounds pretty unhinged today, but in 1987 it sounded like it was emanating from another planet (which it was, in a way - Reagan's America). Only pother album I own by then is "Hairway To Steven" which is poppier, but still great. Saw them live around that time too, and narrowly missed getting vomited over by Gibby.
Rock Wagram
Rock Wagram
316 posts

Re: butthole surfers - locus abortion te
Oct 20, 2004, 14:55
Killdozer were great! They sent me apostcard once (after i followed their request for lyrics!) of a bronze statue of Elvis....Some vandals had broken off the brass fringes to his cowhide jacket.."Man was i ever bummed" the guy said (cant think of his name).....The singer/bassist with the IMMENSE voice..............nice chaps........
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

A Texas Trip
Oct 20, 2004, 17:21
I was just going to mention "A Texas Trip" as I have it on cassette as well..sadly it no longer plays very well,but there was some wild stuff on it
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 20, 2004, 19:19
I think I have Eindhoven Chicken Massacre from the Latino Buggerveil site's free MP3s selection.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: pioughd
Oct 20, 2004, 19:22
Do you know the pronuciation of this title?
think its a play on words like ghoti(fish) that they may well have got from hanging around with Pat Naylor.
I think it was said to be an Indian word for not being very happy.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Oct 20, 2004, 19:24
Michael Gerrard was a Maths teacher, and I wish his voice hadn't sounded so forced.
Stevo
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Killdozer: where are they now?
Oct 20, 2004, 19:26
Michael Gerald was Killdozer's singer . . . . he moved out of town to go to law school somewhere(!) Dan Hobson (the drummer) is still active in music locally. Don't know what ever became of Bill Hobson.

One of the most unsung of the "grunge" bands -- they were basically playing music in the "Seattle style" as early as 1982, before the Melvins or Green River or any of those other guys. Great live band too.

Also a footnote: Butch Vig produced most of their early records. He's also still here in Madison doing his Garbage project.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: pioughd
Oct 20, 2004, 19:30
I always thought it was pronounced "P.O.-ed" as in "pissed off" . . .
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index