81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

DOUBLE Guffaw!!
Jun 26, 2004, 10:55
Sev and Vooje!

Yeah! Maybe the theory of 'those who were abused, tend to end up as abusers' !!

VDGG, Ayers, Softs etc were the REAL 'progressive' stuff ...whereas Yes, ELP- I seem to recall, were often called 'Pomp'!
After my first love(s) of The Who, Bowie , Velvets, Roxy, Can etc. things seemed to get lost around 1974- that odd wasteland up to the end of 1976,
I remember listening to Henry Cow's "Concerts" album and wanting to hear more outlandish stuff like the live track 'Groningen' but married with The Stooges!
It's odd how all this talk of 'Prog' is taking place amid banter on TG/Cab.Voltaire- maybe that sums it up - the REAL Prog!!
mmmm I think that's also the time when we discovered sulphate, nothing to brag about of course- but it just shows how it wiped quite a few slates clean across the UK!
I remember myself and a mate of mine sniggering behind our other mates backs when they were sitting down and shaking their heads in appreciation to a Chick Corea LP in early '76 and thinking- "I'd love to blow up the place where this was recorded"- in a metaphoric sense of course!
Although I do own a live Mahavishnu Orchestra LP.

A strange but fascinating world..... shit- I've got to take the car to the garage- hmmmmm reality kicking in! =8-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index