81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives 20/6/2004
Jun 22, 2004, 20:21
Hello
Had an LP frenzy last week its the only way to fly.

Anyway these is the platters which formed the playlist -

Blodwyn Pig - Getting To This - superb 2nd outing for the mighty Pig
Wild Turkey - Turkey - equally superb 2nd album for Tull original bassist Glenn Cornick's solo vehicle. Havent heard their 1st LP anyone got it?
The Nice - Five Bridges - Keith Emerson and co classical rock fusion homage to the Bridges Over The River Tyne
Ian Gillan Band - Clear Air Turbulance - probably the best of the early jazz rock fusion Ian Gillan albums before they dropped most of the line up and went all heavy rock.
Black Sabbath - Live At Last - 1st spin for this one by me and I like it - is it much slagged off for something?
Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends - 1969 soul outttng for Joe with guest slots from Pagey and Stevie Winwood amongst others.
The Beachboys - Very Best of - Won this in a News of the World competition way back in 1981 believe it or not 8-)
Simon and Garfunkel - Greatest Hits - nuff said
Jethro Tull - ahem return to form album from 1987 way back in the days when a return to form meant trying to out dire Dire Straits ho hum!!
Ten Years After - Cricklewood Green - outstanding blues rock from Alvin Lee and Co
Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds - great film soundtrack from 1972 one of their best
Pink Floyd - Masters of Rock - mid 70's collection of tracks circa 67/68 fine companion to Relics barring a slight bit of overlapping
The Moody Blues - A Question of Balance
The Incredible String Band - The Hangmans Beautiful Daughter - 17 years after buying it, it still hasnt sunk in yet.

A couple of CD's squeezed through too
Crosby Stills and Nash - CD 2 from their early 90's box set
Eric Clapton - Early Clapton - a collection of Yardbirds and Bluesbreakers tracks and also The Immediate Allstars featuring Jimmy Page.

And thats me

See ya all
Joolio

To Be a Rock But Not To Roll!!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index