Unsung Forum »
Soundtrack to our lives 20/6/2004

81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zos
389 posts

Re: Soundtrack to our lives 20/6/2004
Jun 20, 2004, 15:01
Hmm, my partner recently bought that Dead Can Dance dvd, not watched it yet, but might give it a spin now you've reminded me...

This week, aside from a computer program I've been slaving over that goes 'beep' a lot, I've been listening to:

Pere Ubu - Dub Housing: Very murky, a lot more unhinged than I was expecting, but that's a good thing, although Caligari's Mirror is a little too up-tempo for me! ;o)

The Real Bahamas in Music & Song vols 1 & 2: Classics. :o)

Neu! - Neu! 75: Very good working music - have to have something with a fairly regular and hypnotic beat like this or Hawkwind... or...

Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill: That old fave, finally got it on cd for a fiver. ;o)

Shirley Collins - For As Many As Will: Now this really is the "greatest British album ever", in my opinion.

Alphane Moon/Our Glassie Azoth - Experimenting with an amen/The Magician's Heavenly Chaos: I totally love this cd, heavy noise drenched, feedback, Basstation and flute reveries. Wonderful!

Throbbing Gristle: DOA: The Third and Final Report & Heathen Earth: Both great IMHO. I find "Blood on the Floor" very catchy.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index