Unsung Forum »
Soundtrack to our lives 20/6/2004

81 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Guffaw!!
Jun 26, 2004, 01:18
Hmm, E.L.P, SchmE.L.P if you ask me. Waste of talent and electricity. Haven't ever been able to stomach that stuff at all - remember constantly hearing it coming out of my brother's bedroom as a kid in the early 70s, felt like child abuse.

Sorry, don't mean to be negative or judgemental abuoit other people's tastes or anything, and normally I wouldn't have intervened, but ... E.L.P! E.L.P.! Hearing all these people talking about them so uncritically sounds to me like overhearing a bunch of otherwise utterly sussed and clued-up people talking in a pub about how they're so disillusioned with New Labour thinking of voting Conservative again at the next election. We must never let the utter evil that is bad English prog-rock ever rear it's ugly head on our fair isle again. Fair enough, a few bands can be spared the firing sqaud - Soft Machine, Van Der Graaf, Man, Groundhogs, Kevin Ayers - all the ones that either genuinely rocked, had a sense of humour, or both.
But as for the likes of E.L.P. and Yes ... surely we fought wars in order to get rid of all that stuff.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index