Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04

106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Mar 29, 2004, 23:09
Ivor Cutler - Velvet Donkey. Brilliant mixture of spoken word and little ditties. Though it would be nice to have a few more things going on in the songs

Photek - Form and Function. Weighing in at 79 minutes, it is not at all bad, all be it a bit sparse in places which I don't like in drum and bass.

Kevin Ayers - Joy of a Toy. Listen of the week. Knew he was worth a listen having heard him on that June 74 album. Definitely prefer this to Soft Machine

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew. I always return to this album. It might even be my favourite album ever

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust. Still sounds fabbo

Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness first finale - Haven't listened to this one much, but definitely worth the listen. Pretty much as good as innervisions and talking book, I reckon.

John Cale - Slow Dazzle. This album is growing on me. Worth it for heartbreak hotel alone of course. Mr Wilson is another fav

Also listened to loads of Aphex Twin - Analogue Bubblebath vol3, I care because you do, Richard D James.

Talk Talk - can't remember which one, think it was one of the earlier ones. Sounded very poppy and eighties which I didn't mind.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index