Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04

106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Mar 28, 2004, 22:42
Moved into our house 5 years ago. A 19th century 'cottage'. Painted the dining room a deep red to match the floor tiles. Quite dark, really. Been painting an undercoat over this today as my wife thinks it'd be nice to redecorate in greens (fern + lichen from Wickes) and make the room appear bigger. My daughter made the observation that, as we are having to put so many coats on to cover the satin red paint and paper we'll be making the room a couple of inches narrower so the lighter colour will only make it appear as big as it was before we started! Dry humour...

Anyway...

Been listening to Carlos' Los Hermanos while we've been painting. Brasilian pop. Really good, happy, sun-shiny music. I like it a lot. My wife complains that she doesn't know what they're singing but my daughter (her again!) observes "But can you dance to it? Yes!"
Got a dvd to watch later too!

Also, 'New Deutch' - This is German electronica (from Monganaut). Sounds very 80s influenced; don't know if it's contemporary or not? I like it lots. Been played in the car all weekend.

Standard stuff besides:-
Stellastarr*, PiL, The Fall, and JaMC.
Beachwood Sparks, Roots of Reggae II, Massive Attack vs Mad Professor.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index