Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Failure to deliver - Hype let downs.

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IBM 72
10 posts

Re: Failure to deliver - Hype let downs.
Jan 26, 2004, 21:14
Tell me, was Campag Velocet hyped in 98? I didn´t know they were known at all. Found their CD by change in my library and liked it a lot. Nobody had ever heard about it, so I thought they were very UNDERRATED!!! I have not been able to find anything quite like it, in fact.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 26, 2004, 22:09
They did manage the odd NME/Melody Maker cover in their time, and got a fair amount of positive press.
Dunno whether that would constitute hype as such.
James Aswell
21 posts

Re: hot air
Jan 26, 2004, 22:23
No, no, no, no, no, please, no. And if "yes", then my next question has to be "WHY?"
keith a
9574 posts

Jan 26, 2004, 23:38
well i'd love to go to iceland some time!

but seriously, i knew very little about sigur ros till ( ) came out. a few people who's tastes i respect mentioned it and i got it and i find it almost heartbreakingly beautiful.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

hot pink
Jan 27, 2004, 00:42
haha! Because we were youths!

I still had the "Sister Moon" single up until recently, gathering dust as it always did. Wendy James eh? Nothing but a peroxided waif with a cracked voice in tiny negligee tops and foul pink lipstick. There was a big poster of her the Cheltenham Levi jeans shop, we used to trundle past in a road sweeping van, Richard the dodgy geezer and I. We'd pull up outside and shout "WendeeeeeH!" in loud gruff faux ecstatic voices, laughing at the silliness of her and us. Imagine our surprise when a few weeks later we were stopped mid "Wen--"? and the lovely shop assistants had magic-markered "WENDY" with big XXXXX's on it, just for us. How we all laughed.

Tragic, but very happy and innocent days &")
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Jan 27, 2004, 01:30
shaking steven as 'the new elvis'
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Jan 27, 2004, 01:42
I was once beaten around the head for performing an inpromptu performance of marie marie, complete with shakey moves, for the bouncers of my local punk rock club.
I had the last laugh when shakey go to number one with green door.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: ..'SSSake
Jan 27, 2004, 11:19
Yup. 'Twas him. He was still playing (ahem) with Marcy Marc when he was doing the 'cabaret' 20 years of tears fiasco.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 27, 2004, 13:28
Well maybe I'll have to take another chance on them, I dunno. It was hard for me to get into The Red House Painters, but I grew to like their first three albums alot.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Love Missile F1-11
Jan 27, 2004, 13:33
SSS were more like post-modern cyber cock-rock to me. A cross between Front 242 and Van Hagar. (Ho-Hum!)
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index