Register
Unsung Forum »
Failure to deliver - Hype let downs.

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: Failure to deliver - Hype let downs.
Jan 26, 2004, 14:46
Tut... Jesus Jones sigh... them were the days..

Nirvana for me.. total hype and a pile o'shite live!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 26, 2004, 14:59
I never bought into the Nirvana hype at all! Actually I bought their first mini-album and thought it was annoying crap -- some junior high-school version of Mudhoney or something...
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Jan 26, 2004, 15:01
S'funny, I saw them on the 'Extremities...' tour and they sounded: astonishing!

Mind you, Cope sounded great on the Head On tour, yet nothing I've seen by him since has come close to matching it, both soundwise and performance.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 26, 2004, 15:01
Them were the days. "Nirvana? Pah, just a second rate Dinosaur Jr tribute. Now, The Fluid! That's a band..."
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

hot air
Jan 26, 2004, 15:10
Over Wendy!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jan 26, 2004, 15:47
The Fluid were much worse than that! They didn't even have the attitude (however immature it was) that Cobain had!
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Love Missile F1-11
Jan 26, 2004, 17:03
Speaking of this song, Bowie has released a cover of it, as the b-side of "New Killer Star".
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: ..'SSSake
Jan 26, 2004, 19:17
Am I right in thinking that Degville did a solo album called World War IV, or am I imagining it?
Any good?

I must say I did enjoy the raised eyebrows when Tony James joined the Sisters Of Mercy post Sputnik - him and Eldricth made quite a team at the time.
I saw a pic of the Sputniks recently playing some minigoff thing somewhere. They've aged pretty well.

I'm sure I saw the Sputniks guitarist (Neal X?) playing with Marc Almond's band at a gig about 6, 7 years ago in Manchester. . Didn't half look like him. Almond was doing some kind of proto-electroclash glam stomp stuff
GramPositive
7 posts

Jan 26, 2004, 19:25
Agreed. The Stone Roses were, and continue to be, the most overhyped band in history.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Love Missile F1-11
Jan 26, 2004, 21:03
For goodness' sake, why? Even if he'd covered Gary Numan, it would have been more dignified. As for Sigue Sigue Sputnik, I always regarded them as an unholy cross between Generation X and Suicide without any of the good qualities of either.

Other, more recent examples of what (IMO) constitutes hype without substance;

The Strokes - Yes, thank you, I already have "Lust For Life".

The White Stripes - Tenth rate Royal Trux tribute band with the commercially viable addition of a foxy drummer.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index