Sountracks Of Our Lives w/e 14/09/03

68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2381 posts

Re: Sountracks Of Our Lives w/e 14/09/03
Sep 15, 2003, 21:16
Been up the shed this week fixing things... accompanying tunes include...

Sunburned Hand Of Man - Jaybird
Quite like this, it's a bit random, and the track editing sucks logs but it's just right for 'pottering' about, you can drift in and out of the tunes asa nd when.

Comets On Fire - Field Recordings.../Comets On Fire
Not ssure about these..like Comets On Fire better than Field Recordings, but in truth, only heard both CD's once, so maybe they'll grow on me.
First impressions...they sound like a bunch of grunge hangers on from 1989 (there 'sound' reminds me of The Dwarves mixed with Helios Creed and a splash of Buttholes TBH) Another visit me thinks...probably when i'm more bongoed...might make more sense then.

Twink - Lost Experimental Recordings 1970
Another new one to me, quite like it, even down to the Tolkien reading over tape loops. You could say 'ahead of it's time', but then again, how many more stoned sessions of Moog inspired rambling and drum bashing do you need ? (and I've already got quite a few).

Queens Of The Stone Age - R Rated
This is a future 'Classic', not a bad track on it, even the faux jazz rublings of the lread out sound great. Much better than the half baked Songs For The Deaf of recent times. I'm interested to hear those PJ Harvey/QOTSA sessions.

Fu Manchu - King of The road/ The Action Is Go
Excellent monster riffage of the so-cal surf monster variety. Love these two records to death, though don't quite know why?

Klaus Shultze - Irrlicht
Heard this for the first time, was OK, the second side is better than the first though.

Acid Mothers Temple - In C/ In E/In D
In E rawks like a monster builder, though i can take or leave the other monochord ramblings TBH.

Thighpaulsandra - Double Vulgar
Wasn't sure about this on first listen, it sounded to much like I Thighpaulsandra, though on repeat listenings, it's opened up nicely. Salmmer is my fav' so far, along with He Tastes Of The Sea..."an intense homoerotic listening experience" it said on pre-release, well other than a few obvious comments of asexual persuation ,I'm not sure i agree. Good nontheless.

Stereolab - Cobra And Phases..
Hooked on this all over again, I Lurrrvee Blue Milk to death, and just about any other track off it is fine and dandy to me.

From Creation - Loud And Heavy
Jap' reggae anyone??? This has a great version of Riders On The Storm, inna dub stylee on it, and has actually some of the best reggae I've heard in a while. Touching on all bases from Dub to Dancehall, and all wuith a slight Japanese Jah twang...great fun.

United Future Organisation - ???
More Jap oddness, though this is all 'Spy' themed. Some wonderful soundtracks to as yet unmade spy movies, lots of funky beats, jazzy brass and clavinets, Grrroooovvyyy!!

Erm, there's been loads more, but i can't right;y remember them all, so i won't try.

Have a good week, and enjoy the sunshine.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index