Register
Unsung Forum »
Sountracks Of Our Lives w/e 14/09/03

68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
242 posts

Re: Sountracks Of Our Lives w/e 14/09/03
Sep 15, 2003, 00:40
Smog - Red apple falls. Brilliant beautiful lo-fi affair with a bit of brass. Just how I'd like to record my stuff

Primal Scream - Screamadelica. Always skate over this one cos its too obvious and overplayed, but loving it again. That weatherall bloke had a hand in it though.

Jimi Hendrix - Cornerstones. Reminds me that I still haven't got any of his studio albums. Shame on me. Always loved his more mellow 'drifting' and 'angel'.

Nick Drake - Five Leaves left. Time has told me that he is a rare find. Hey, do you reckon I could cut it as a journalist?

Miles Davis - Get up with it. Smashing mixture of ambient and funky, spacy and groovy rock.

Captain Beefheart - Trout mask replica. Only managed to listen to this all the way through twice. Worth it though, although not surprisingly my favourite Beefheart album.

David Bowie - The man who sold the world. loving 'supermen' and the title track muchly.

Brian Eno - Before and After Science. Great mix of idiot pop(kings lead hat) and the beginning of his ambient work (spider and I)

Pink Floyd - Wish you were Here. It's been a while, but I still love it. Why is it that virtually everyone that plays guitar can play 'wish you were here'? Didn't think much of Wyclef's version by the way.

That must be about it. It's not easy to remember.

is all

Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index