Unsung Forum »
Sountracks Of Our Lives w/e 14/09/03

68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Sountracks Of Our Lives w/e 14/09/03
Sep 14, 2003, 23:52
Well, I might piss people off by mentioning two extremely hard to find albums that have long been out of print as far as I know. It's the first two albums by a group called Clang, who were originally from my town Rochester New York but later moved to Florida and I think they might have broke up. Leader and main songwriter Paul Reller used to be a guitar teacher at House of Guitars (which Armand Schaubroek owns as I mentioned before) and had also studied at the Eastman School of Music.

Anyways, their first two albums were Lovey Dovey and Pol Pot Pie. (The last album was called Curse of Clang, which I have but haven't listened to lately.) Reller often had an annoying whiney voice, which made it easy to overlook the bitter, misanthropic lyrics in the vein of Elvis Costello.
The music was usually smoother than Costello's early stuff, but some abrupt noisy passages would throw the listener off occasionally.

The last thing I heard, Reller produced a Tiny Tim album before his death. Good luck finding those albums, at any rate...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index