May 22, 2003, 13:07
Wow! Much more impressive than a 'badge' or a
't shirt'; I want one!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: PiL - 'mug'
May 22, 2003, 13:19
Current faves are my new blue on yellow Buzzcocks mugs and "Evil To The Last Drop" Supersuckers ones.

I used to have a can of Cult "Love" lager.
Serotonin
175 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 22, 2003, 13:29
The usual variety of things:

Lou Reed - Live In Concert (aka Live In Italy; budget Camden reissue. £3.99 for 75 minutes of live Lou Reed - result!) The Some Kind Love/Sister Ray jam rocks.

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats. Just can't get enough of Son Of Mr. Green Genes. It's been de-stressing me during the exams; you just can't be stressed to something as fun as this!

Brian Eno - Discreet Music. Also been de-stressing me. As far as I can gather, this is his earliest ambient work, and very pleasant it is too. The Pachelbel-sampling stuff is harder to listen to, I felt, and lets it down as an album, and on CD feels tacked on the ambient work. Would've been ok on vinyl as a distinct experience on each side, I suppose.

Kraftwerk I - this album rules. You truly haven't heard true, hardcore Krautrock until you've heard Stratovarius blasting at full volume.

Nurse With Wound - happened to have a flick through an old book on "Unexplained Mysteries" at the weekend, and the story of the Marie Celeste got me listening to this again. Perfectly executed ghost-ship music.

MOJO's "Instant Garage" freebie. Great moronic stuff. Thank fuck; finally, a magazine CD with no Strokes or White Stripes or similar flotsam. Can it be true?
Serotonin
175 posts

Flip Your Wig
May 22, 2003, 13:36
hmmm.....I'd personally have to go for New Day Rising as displaying the Huskers at the absolute top of their game. I do like Flip Your Wig, the quality of their songwriting was still totally on an upward trajectory throughout it, but the piss-poor production lets it down big time for me. Even at full volume it sounds as if the album's playing two rooms away from you. Mind you, none of the HD albums are exactly smoothly-produced...
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

My love life and a chicken vindaloo
May 22, 2003, 15:21
No Mo, you were right the first time. There are 14 curry houses within about 300 yards on Ocean Road. I'm gannin' to Cafe India there tomorrow night (or "the morra neet" as we say up here) as it happens, with "wor lass". Best chicken vindaloo "down street".

Hartlepool's only got a handful of ethnic eateries. I haven't partaken there. "Nee need" when I live so close to Little India as I "dee".

Biffa's Dad
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Frankie condoms
May 22, 2003, 16:23
A chap I used to work with came in one day saying he'd had an argument with the fella he lived with... Seems he'd used one of the Frankie Goes To Hollywood condoms ...
We were like, 'well, I think I'd be a little cross too, you two-timing git...', but he said, 'well, it was only for a wank!'
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Frankie condoms
May 22, 2003, 18:35
That's the problem with one night stands, you can never be certain that they're cool.
hey hey
1 posts

Re: PiL - 'mug'
Apr 25, 2004, 08:07
where did you get your supersuckers mug? my husband had the same one and i dropped it doing dishes and need to replace it. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
Apr 25, 2004, 15:43
i'll join your tom rapp support group. here's my thoughts. and yes, rocket man is easily the most beautiful - and most intelligent - song ever written

http://www.juliancope.com/unsung/reviews/index.php?review_id=773
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index