Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: My love life...
May 19, 2003, 22:24
Get those pointy boots on Moey it looks like we are off to sand dancer country this Saturday nite

;-)

Joolio
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: A passion play.
May 20, 2003, 00:09
'The chateau d'isaster tapes' .
There is an excerpt of these on the 20th anniversary box set and it sounds great was the whole thing released on the Nightcap set?

Joolio
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

May 20, 2003, 02:31
Yep,'The chateau d'isaster is the 1st disc of Nightcaps w/the second disc containing rarities and outtakes...I checked it out of the library sometime back when I was in my last Tull phase..the 1st disc is pretty good,but I found the 2nd disc pretty spotty...your opinion may differ

I'm a Benefit/Songs from the Wood guy mese'f mostly,though I've never heard their 1st and haven't heard Minstrel in ages....I like Stand Up as well
(had an older brother with these albums)

Hope that was o' some help
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

May 20, 2003, 08:45
It was indeed thank you - grabs coat and heads for the record shop ;-)

Joolio
moey
moey
770 posts

Ditch the football and relish the sounds
May 20, 2003, 14:52
Do You hear that Joolio? Good Advice if you ask me

Football Schmootball
moey
moey
moey
770 posts

Re: My love life...
May 20, 2003, 14:54
Aye, land of a thousand curry houses if I remember rightly, or was that Monkey Hanger Land?

moey
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Wild Dub: Killing Joke
May 20, 2003, 15:18
Um...so is this a Killing Joke album called 'Wild Dub"..or a Wild Dub album etc etc

Some of the artist/albums were listed back to front so I wasn't sure...just imagining dub version of KJ songs..yum

annnyway
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Wild Dub: Killing Joke
May 20, 2003, 16:03
Ooops. apologies for the usionconf Severin!

Wild Dub was actually the CD compilation, the Killing Joke track was Turn To Red from their debut EP. And mighty kak too I think :-)

Extremities... is now in my brain, mmmmmm, more meat for the money.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

May 20, 2003, 18:46
Thanks for clearing that up

btw..have had bits of Bytor & the Snowdog going through my head,thank you v much!..Used to be into Rush long ago..was my 1st concert as a lad...Had to go look up the lyrics though,and found this site...
http://www.rush-signals.com/rush/discography/fbn.html

Geez..never realized how many lyrics I misheard or just plan couldn't make out back then.

..thought the line .."Prepare for battle" was some sort of nonsense 'spell' words he was using..'Flare Cor Basil!"~lol~

Also from Anthem.."Anthem of the heart and anthem of the mind"..um..thought that was "Up the Matterhorn an anthem of the mind"

errr....ok..ok '-)
stray
stray
2057 posts

May 20, 2003, 19:15
Actually, there are dub version of requiem and such around, remember a friend bringing a CD of them over about 8 years ago. They were all made by youth. but, unfortunately, they were crap. Except the Requiem dub.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index