May 19, 2003, 12:00
Cor. Fancy a threesome?

Only joking...

;-)
Cerberus
137 posts

Re: Spookment, disappointment & ointment
May 19, 2003, 14:04
Yes, he did seem a bit vertically challenged didnt he - I saw them on TOTP and was really confused, I'd imagined them to be bowlheaded pretty boys!
And they turned out to be a stocky Neil Young lookalike (probably taller than Iggy though) and 3 bank clerks. Still, fantastic music and wonderful harmonies - thats all that matters!
Shame they've probably finished now!
Would have been nice to see them, I was up in Edinburgh just after The Pain Inside came out and they were doing an acoustic set in Virgin which I missed! Then I got back to Manchester and missed them at the Academy. Typical.
Still, last year I went to Edinburgh for a weekend and realised if I'd have gone the weekend after I could have seen Love, Soundtrack Of Our Lives & Julian on consecutive nights - bummer (at the end of the summer!)
Catch you later

PS arnt poptones CD covers fantastic!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

"Danny Wylie...
May 19, 2003, 14:09
...year old vocalist with the Cosmic Rough Riders"

Aye right. If he's left the band (which would explain why he wasn't about the bar after they recently played my home town) it's because he's hit retirement age. 29! I can't believe they thought they'd get away with that.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Sountracks To Our Lives W/E 17/5/03
May 19, 2003, 14:20
A quietish week really. BUT..

1 Noah House of Dread and some Bim sherman courtesy of Howden. Many, many thanks for this Howden, we (Joanna and I) prefer the Sherman tracks though.

2. Wire - read and Burn 01 and 02. Got 02 courtesy of soulseek, saved some money. I mean, gawd these new Wire CDs are ludicrously over priced.

3. Autechre - Amber & Incunabula. The soulseek/IDM connection reminded me how much I truly despise the IDM crowd. So I span the only two decent CDs by their #1 heroes. They are very good. Very, very good. Shame everything else Autechre have done since has been shite, but ah well.

4. Gastr del Sol - The Harp Factory/On Lake street.
Jim O rourke and friends on a mellow yet intense one. Never liked it before, but now I do. Must be getting old or summing. Vocals are still crap though, shame.

5. Zoviet France - Vienna 1990. Hmm, yes, more from the accepted elitist list of the IDMer. heheheh.

6. Technova - Transcience. HA! anybody else remember this David Harrow Project at all ? It has some good 'wuuraagh' moments like Firehorse one, Yeah sister and Relentless. Dont buy it, get those three tracks though.

7. Ruby - Salt Peter. Bring back silverfish, bring back silverfish. 'HIPS TITS LIPS POWER!' What the hell is this, and how did it get into my CD collection. Need to watch myself a little more closely when I'm in record shops.
stray
stray
2057 posts

May 19, 2003, 14:28
oh, and definitely no Led zeppelin. nope, not a bit, and no, I'm not going to get the new compilation of the same material yet again either, no siree bob.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Silverfish...
May 19, 2003, 14:34
...once dedicated TFA to me. Erm, not the proudest moment of my life. (There will be no elaboration.)
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

May 19, 2003, 14:42
Hey Stray (and TeeP)..you up and running again then,Stray?

A fairly minimal STOL this week..though not sounds-wise

Pere Ubu- Data Panic/Modern Dance and Dub Housing/New Picnic Time...have MD &NPT on vinyl,but sooo nice having them on disc..been years since I last heard Dub Housing..

"I've got these and legs..flip flop flip flop"

"I have desire (Freedom!)"

And

The Stranglers-Meninblack and a cherce comp I soulsoaked of songs from The Raven/IV + some of my fave early tracks..been on almost constant play

Also..while painting...tapes of the above and Broadcast-Instrumentals(damn good this, still)
and,of all things,Spacemen3-Perfect Perscription

..and my own stuffffff
stray
stray
2057 posts

May 19, 2003, 14:48
yep. The verbal eviscerator is back and in full force. I will send you an email as soon as I sort my SMTP server, fucking thing.
Murray
191 posts

May 19, 2003, 14:52
ahhh, a fellow zoviet fan - great ain't they!
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

May 19, 2003, 14:54
coo'..dropped Jo an note on Friday and was a'wonderin'
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index