Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: THE DISEASE
Jan 13, 2021, 17:06
nigelswift wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

Covid “cases” in the UK for January 4th. Britain's testing dwarfs that of France, Italy and Germany, even though the number of deaths is pretty much the same.

UK – 58,784 Cases/407 deaths

France – 4,022 Case/378 deaths

Italy – 10,800 Cases/348 deaths

Germany – 8,039 Cases/527 deaths

Farce. Covid is now endemic and we’re not in the midst of a genuine “surge” or "spike" in infections and deaths, which is why the winter mortality data is pretty much as normal.

16 mins ago — UK: Cases 60,916/830 deaths.

Now, a week later,......................1,564 deaths
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Vaccination Certificates
Jan 16, 2021, 05:17
I don't think accusations of hyping of swine flu by big pharma ten years ago have much to do with covid today. Are you suggesting that it follows that covid's 1000 UK deaths a day are exaggerated? It's like sniping with rubber bullets. What else you got?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jan 27, 2021, 07:03
thispoison wrote:
If you aren't fighting against the lockdown you are complicit in mass murder.
Discuss.

100,000 dead, 10 million people mourning.
Some postings on here don't age very well.
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2021, 13:39
Jan 27, 2021, 13:30
nigelswift wrote:
thispoison wrote:
If you aren't fighting against the lockdown you are complicit in mass murder.
Discuss.

100,000 dead, 10 million people mourning.
Some postings on here don't age very well.

By this point there have been repeated studies and statements by doctors, professors, government organizations, etc that lockdowns aren't effective against the spread of Covid. I've posted some of these here before. On top of all that, we also have nearly a year of lived experience which demonstrates that lockdowns haven't helped the West.

So, on top of the deaths caused by Covid, we also have all the deaths caused by other diseases (mental and physical) which could have been easily prevented had there been no lockdown.

Perhaps lockdowns in combination with rigorous contact tracing, a decent health care system, and financial aid to make up for lost wages might have worked, but sadly we don't live in China.
tomatoman
118 posts

Apr 14, 2021, 11:12
[quote=Perhaps lockdowns in combination with rigorous contact tracing, a decent health care system, and financial aid to make up for lost wages might have worked, but sadly we don't live in China. [/quote]

Don't live in China where they seem to have concluded their vaccine is "duff", plus, if you wish to experience oppressive lockdown measures, sample China!
phallus dei
583 posts

Apr 14, 2021, 13:02
tomatoman wrote:
[quote=Perhaps lockdowns in combination with rigorous contact tracing, a decent health care system, and financial aid to make up for lost wages might have worked, but sadly we don't live in China. [/quote]

Don't live in China where they seem to have concluded their vaccine is "duff", plus, if you wish to experience oppressive lockdown measures, sample China!

It's clear that China, along with Vietnam and perhaps a few other East Asian countries, has done a phenomenal job (at least thus far) in dealing with Covid, much better than anywhere else. I listed a few reasons why the "China model" might have been a success. While China's lockdowns were more severely enforced than those in the West, they were also much shorter overall. Covid didn't have such a disruptive economic impact, and excess deaths from untreated / unreleated diseases such as diabetes, heart issues, etc were likewise mitigated.

Regarding vaccines, I don't think it played a very big role in China. They had already got Covid well under control before they started using their vaccine. If their vaccine isn't effective, yet Covid stays under control, then clearly "mass vaccinations" aren't the only way to tackle Covid.

Further, that China now questions the effectiveness of their vaccine several months after rolling it out with great fanfare should serve as a reminder to the rest of us that we also have very little to go on regarding the effectiveness, safety, or long-term implications of our own batch of newly developed vaccines. Issues seemingly related to the Astroveneca vaccine have repeatedly raised alarms in various countries, and America just halted use of its Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Perhaps six months from now we'll also be questioning the worth of our vaccines.

Of course, most of us will already be vaccinated by then!
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 18, 2021, 08:28
56,677,012 vaccines have been administered. The majority of covid patients in hospital are people who've been offered jabs and refused them.

Where are our resident jab sceptics?
phallus dei
583 posts

May 18, 2021, 12:39
nigelswift wrote:
56,677,012 vaccines have been administered. The majority of covid patients in hospital are people who've been offered jabs and refused them.

Where are our resident jab sceptics?

Still here! :-)

I've argued in the past that common sense dictates that one should be hesitant about getting a rushed vaccine based on a new method for a disease that has much less than a 1% fatality rate. Common sense doesn't change in the face of mass hysteria. It takes several years of testing before a vaccine is approved, because potential side-effects may not appear until several years after the vaccine is administered. Consequently, the US vaccines are NOT approved by the CDC, and only "authorized for emergency use" since "research suggests that they may prevent Covid". Everyone who has taken the vaccine (including me, unfortunately - was forced to get vaccinated to keep my job!) has participated in a clinical trail. Fingers crossed that we'll turn out all right.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 18, 2021, 17:37
Yes I entirely accept your points but it's hard to imagine the jab risk of death can be other than marginal or ever could have been, and although it is still a drug trial it's now the biggest trial in history so the chances of 1++% jab death are reducing daily.

On the other hand, the risk of death due to hospitals delaying other treatment is far higher than 1% for those who need it and always was and that was entirely predictable.

So where does that leave us? In the shit in many cases.
phallus dei
583 posts

May 19, 2021, 00:03
I have nothing against vaccines when they've undergone the usual testing protocol. And I'm not opposed to people wanting to risk taking part in a clinical trial. But I did resent learning that my yearly contract wouldn't be renewed unless I got the jab. And I'm aghast that many others find themselves in the same boat: "get vaccinated or pay the price."

Texas has even started a new campaign where uniformed (and armed?) troops are stopping random people to "encourage" them to get the jab on the spot! The social/legal/financial pressure to get vaccinated is, in my view, more threatening than Covid itself. Perhaps the pandemic will go away and the vaccines won't have any long-term side effects. But will the authorities relinquish their newfound ability to control us? That seems even less likely.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index