62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Shakin'
Nov 22, 2002, 13:55
... hands that is.

I admire you for reading all that shit and not cracking up (or getting that feeling of being slightly converted - afterall their propoganda is mighty strong). I suppose when you *truly* feel strongly about something then you do that, you read the bollocks to strengthen your argument properly.

I did the same in my big animal rights days. I too remember swearing when my telephone receiver fell out of the coupler (and swearing at my mum when she bought a Trim phone because it didn't fit!)

I just despise the BNP and their beliefs and all those that follow them. I don't feel strongly enough to get really involved in the political scene these days. It's an odd feeling knowing that going out there and protesting and (possibly) being arrested is the best thing for my kids' futures, but knowing it is wrong for their short term futures stops me. I hate that side of me. Is being a 'short-term' responsible parent *actually* being a responsible parent at all? I reckon not.

The old me, the one that used to raid labs and sit on fox holes (after the fox had entered) and used to get beat up with shotgun butts has long gone. Well, the one that would go out of my way to do it has. If I'm walking through the country and a hunt passes I still dive in there.

Everyone always tells me I have no sense of reality when it comes to my views on what I'd like society to be, but I always put that down to my version not being what they want. Mine don't have wealth and power for the few and that's what they all seem to want.

<hanging up my angry hat>

Tom
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index