BNP in Blackburn

62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Back to the point (Action)
Nov 22, 2002, 14:03
Cheers for that. Now we're talking. I'll do my best to get up there, just need to sort out out the transport arrangements from Cambridge. I am kind of hoping a general NW ANL rally of somesort gets done. I am kind of bugged (in a sad splitter, winging way) that the NW ANL (and SWP) have so obviously fucked this situation up. I remember how embarrased both organisations were when the Tower Hamlets thing happened. And both organisations managed to effectively reverse the sitation very rapidly. Then again, both groups are as london centric as the media and government so it's not entirely surprising. This situation in the NW should never, and would never, have happened if a serious mobilisation, public meetings, door stepping counter campaign was organised during the election. This obviously never happened, or wasn't done properly (fuck! I'm sounding like Chris Bambery, wheres me ski mask ;)). Branches should be trusted to act, and supported to act (yeah, rerunning every conference ever in my head now) and not treated with suspicion.

I think what we need is a proper ANL type organisation that is truly unfettered from both the SWP and the Labour Party (ARA, hahahah, oh dear). Something like AFA, but without the baseball bats.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index