BNP in Blackburn

62 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: BNP in Blackburn
Nov 22, 2002, 13:39
correct at time of writing? still think i'd disagree, but hey ho, there you go (ther one goes, sorry)

i think as aqk & t'others have said, the very basis of it is indeed impoverishment+scapegoating. but that kinda lets the local politico's off the hook too. the council are dreadful - a labour fiefdom with the scum Straw, himself far from averse to whipping racist bullshit playing a hefty role.
the BNP got (basically) a thorough kicking whenever they cvame close to getting anywhere in London - due in part to the whole London bias of government/media etc - which meant it became an even bigger issue than it already was, and suddenly those councils started getting MONEY thrown at them! that and the fact that the left (of all varieties) would/could come from across the cvity to do some serious campaigning, and they would have a fair clue about what the actual issues were.

This doesnt happen in the north. The national government don't really give a shit, n its a quick feeding frenzy for the media. The left, sadly, tend to bus in bloody students with no real clue, and piss locals off. Whilst there are many good peeps who know how to talk to the locals who MAY vote nazi, there are nothing like enough.

So, in my little nutshell. The nazi's won cos of - shit conditions, succesful scapegoating, complacent government, failure of the left.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index