Getting a bit worried about Syria...

102 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Max Hastings
Dec 03, 2015, 02:37
I am not sure his father would be proud of him. Corbyn should have imposed a whip. In the end, a reporter on Newsnight said, the majority of the shadow cabinet were apparently behind him(!)...how many riled, like Burnham, by Cameron's 'terrorist' comment I know not. I don't think, from what I watched during the day and evening, Cameron would have dared give a free vote. There were quite a few others apart from Lewis, Davis and Leigh. Done now. Russia will not give up on their strategic hold in Syria lightly, though. What tricks are up others sleeves to bring this about? There is talk of Turkey blockading the Bosphorus to the Black Sea fleet. I have read today, maybe true, that the US has not flown a single strike over Syria since the Russians recently deployed their latest advanced missile system. This will not end well. Had this vote been delayed a fortnight I really wonder if the motion would have been carried. While I totally abhor the bullying, threats and abuse some Labour MPs were subjected to beforehand, there is also the possiblity that some dishing it out may not have been who they purported to be...voices down a phone, unsavoury emailers... we do not live in a very pleasant world. As for the Raqqa 'hub', the Tunisian attack was, so I heard on telly today, planned not there but in Libya, and, as we know, Paris in Belgium. The idea that the Daesh upper echelons are or will be sitting waiting to be attacked in a few buildings in Raqqa is laughable. Only we should be laughing at nothing now. One step closer to the Middle Eastern 'endgame'. Yes, I know I sound like jaundice incarnate, but this could well be horrible.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index