Getting a bit worried about Syria...

Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Getting a bit worried about Syria...
Oct 08, 2015, 13:17
Apparently we are ready willing and able to protect Turkey from Russian aggression. Oh shit. Surely were not going to sleepwalk into The Big One over this.

Turkeys involvement in the genesis of the collapse of the Syrian state needs a bit of a gander. A little bit of local political espionage (under whose instruction one wonders) has well and truly bolted out of control. Perhaps now the ideologically driven destruction of countries will not be so joyfully indulged in? If we survive this cluster-fuck that is.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Getting a bit worried about Syria...
Oct 08, 2015, 15:03
Not fully knowledgeable about Turkey's involvement but they've been involved for a while.

I'm still wondering how US and UK airstrikes achieve next to nothing but in 2 days Russia apparently almost wipes out daesh!
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Oct 08, 2015, 16:03
Do you remember Obama walking away from his "Red Line"? It dawned on the American intelligence services that they may of been manipulated by the Turkish, that Turkey may have even supplied the Sarin used to attack Damascus. They (Turks) were supplying and backing Jihadist groups in Syria, a bit of a game over the balance of power in the area.

Seymour Hersh is the guy to read.

Russia. You know the west has fucked up when they are made to look idiotic by the murderous corrupt megalomaniac Putin.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Oct 08, 2015, 16:21
Captain Starlet wrote:
Not fully knowledgeable about Turkey's involvement but they've been involved for a while.

I'm still wondering how US and UK airstrikes achieve next to nothing but in 2 days Russia apparently almost wipes out daesh!

US/UK airstrikes are pinpoint tactical.....barring the occasional fuck ups these mis-adventures hazard.
Russia has a leveled earth policy {exceptin' oil fields}
No comparing the two.

What was that about an Arab spring?
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Oct 08, 2015, 17:03
dhajjieboy wrote:
What was that about an Arab spring?

Always was a load of bollocks. PR fanned social media bullshit.
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Oct 08, 2015, 17:17
Let's not forget that in Egypt those oh-so-brave bloggers sold out the democratically elected government because they didn't like what was elected. Figuring that a brutal opressive regime was preferable. Lovable scamps. Bet they still drink Pepsi whilst rollerblading though. Viva the brave revolutionaries.
haris
haris
8 posts

Oct 09, 2015, 21:30
Who would have guessed Saddam Hussein was the lynch pin that held the Middle East together...oh yea...all those against the Clown Team (Bush & Blair) escalating the chaos 2003.

Proving that those not sharp enough to know that Middle Easterners need a few more centuries to slaughter each other, will make things much worse by trying to "help".
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Oct 16, 2015, 13:50
Oct 16, 2015, 13:47
Hear something I can't get my head round, even though it's been something I've 'pondered'.
Just how 'rogue' are I.S?
Does Assad really see them as the enemy?
Or do they sort of 'work' for him?
Never hear him 'in despair' at their actions or nowt.
They are targeting other rebel groups, as are Russia (who by the by barely go near I.S).
Seems too I.S control oil supplies up to the tune of £500m, and actually supply much of *Assad's territory* and other places.
And all these antiquities they 'destroy' are actually in part carefully bubble wrapped and sold off.
How can that be?
I can only conclude that I.S are somehow, 'legitimate', but then again I might be talking utter crap, but all the same.
WTF?
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Oct 16, 2015, 14:12
sanshee wrote:

They are targeting other rebel groups, as are Russia (who by the by barely go near I.S).

I think at least part of Russia's motivation in blanket-bombing non-I.S Syrians is to force them to flee to Europe and to add to the E.U.'s disarray over the refugee "crisis".
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Oct 16, 2015, 15:40
Toni Torino wrote:
sanshee wrote:

I think at least part of Russia's motivation in blanket-bombing non-I.S Syrians is to force them to flee to Europe and to add to the E.U.'s disarray over the refugee "crisis".

I think it more likely that they consider the solution to the collapse of Syria is to buttress the position of Assad, and obviously think it is in their interests in the area if Assad was again in power across more of the country.

I have to say that the west tolerates and supports far worse regimes than Assads's. Syria has now descended into a sectarian civil war with a bewildering array of forces pitched against each other, usually for ethnic or religious reasons.

I genuinely don't believe there is a side to back that represents any kind of moral high ground. Any one rebel group will be locked into conflict both with Assad and other rebel groups.
Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index