Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Edited Dec 04, 2015, 18:05
Re: The Sun!!!!!!
Dec 04, 2015, 18:05
spencer wrote:
Just seen today's front page in a shop: YOU AND WHOSE ARMY? If even the Sun is questioning this 70000 strong ghost, then......... Sun implicitly agrees with Corbyn: I am sitting down. Cam sent the first bombers off iirc 56mins after the vote.

Wait til we turn away the thousands of refugees arriving at our borders as the result of bombing then out of their own country. I'd be fucking radicalised by that.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: The Sun!!!!!!
Dec 04, 2015, 19:03
Plus, this year's El Nino is now estimated to be the severest ever. Pity those displaced who will suffer this winter.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Newswatch tonight
Dec 04, 2015, 19:09
(BeebNews24's equivalent of Points of View) 21-30: an analysis of the coverage of the vote, reportage of the buildup to it and Syria coverage. Newswatch is quite a good watch, usually. Has it's own worldview, not necessarily that of the rest of Beeb's coverage. Worth a look.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2015, 11:26
Re: Newswatch tonight
Dec 05, 2015, 11:25
Has anybody actually sat down with ISIS, ISIL or whatever they are called these days and asked them what do they actually want, or indeed are fighting for?

Just an idea.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Daily Mail!!!
Dec 05, 2015, 12:21
I was actually in shock after reading this! The mail have also been sceptical of cameron's excuses for bombing Syria, and amazingly even supportive and complimenting (mostly) Jeremy Corbyn!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3346949/PETER-OBORNE-one-winner-Syria-vote-wasn-t-Dave-Hilary-Benn.html

Having a pot of tea to calm my nerves now.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2015, 13:01
London
Dec 05, 2015, 12:57
Potentially I am a target, since I live and travel around London. There is no panic though. I'm more likely to be attacked by a drunk or drugged in the street. And I would fight back.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: London
Dec 05, 2015, 13:18
It's the same all over. I was in town last night and there was trouble, I didn't feel the urge to bomb them though.

There's always threats to the mainland but we don't go bombing countries because of them. The IRA posed a greater threat to the mainland than any other country since WW2 but did we bomb Northern Ireland? Of course we didn't.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2015, 13:33
Dec 05, 2015, 13:32
Captain Starlet wrote:
It's the same all over. I was in town last night and there was trouble, I didn't feel the urge to bomb them though.

There's always threats to the mainland but we don't go bombing countries because of them. The IRA posed a greater threat to the mainland than any other country since WW2 but did we bomb Northern Ireland? Of course we didn't.

Dodgey territory there my friend. We did bomb Northern Ireland and killed many people. Some of them mine. Now we have some kind of peace in the North. Not real though. The Brits won.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Dec 05, 2015, 13:38
True we did to some extent, but not in the capacity we are now in Syria, which was what I was trying to put across.

Got a bit of a hangover so probably not putting myself over best
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Dec 05, 2015, 13:50
Dec 05, 2015, 13:44
Markoid wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:

Dodgey territory there my friend. We did bomb Northern Ireland and killed many people. Some of them mine. Now we have some kind of peace in the North. Not real though. The Brits won.

The difference between us Scots and the Irish are, that we don't want to use guns. I am as passionate as anyone can be about Scottish indy. We will use our voice, not bullets. That would be far too easy.

Historically, it belongs to us Scots. Just give us 10 years or so to get it back.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index