U-Know! Forum »
Getting a bit worried about Syria...

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 25, 2015, 11:59
Re: Getting a bit worried about Syria...
Nov 25, 2015, 11:45
Robot Emperor wrote:

Apparently we are ready willing and able to protect Turkey from Russian aggression. Oh shit. Surely were not going to sleepwalk into The Big One over this.

Turkeys involvement in the genesis of the collapse of the Syrian state needs a bit of a gander. A little bit of local political espionage (under whose instruction one wonders) has well and truly bolted out of control. Perhaps now the ideologically driven destruction of countries will not be so joyfully indulged in? If we survive this cluster-fuck that is.

Will Dave and Gideon be so determined to drag us into this now?
Pure common sense dictates 'we do not know what we are doing'.
So we do not even 'go there' surely.
Putin likes this mob, but doesn't really like that mob, we aren't sure what mob we ought to hate the most. You would think 'I.S' but seems that's the mob Putin dislikes the least.
All it takes is for one rickety old UK spitfire (or whatever we use) to be shot down for 'accidentally' flying where it ought not to and then we...get 'jolly well cross' I imagine.
After all, what would all those Oligarchs do?
Where would they take their money?
How would the economy cope?
Can't help bring this round to Corbyn, doggedly suggesting intervention is 'a bad idea' and all those arseholes around him are more determined for a political coup than actually listening to reason.
Even Dr Julian Lewis, the chair of the defence select committee, has deep reservations.
Hopefully they listen, now.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Today
Nov 25, 2015, 12:12
Can't help but jaundicedly wonder if Syria's going to be top story for a bit and the absolute shit thats going to be in Gideon's Autumn Statement's going to get second billing... JC on moral and common sense high ground on both. A poll in the Times yesterday - iirc YouGov - gave him a 75% approval rating among the party members. If the weasels etc at the top of the party don't heed that then... Course the billionares redtops are ready to dis him again in a Jeremy Corbyn Ate My Hamster sort of way. Am just waiting for the next load of crap aimed at those with insufficient between the ears.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 26, 2015, 00:14
Re: Today
Nov 25, 2015, 23:35
My ex girfriends family were from Syria, and that didn't bother us all.

Quite beautful actually. We had an embrace in London once in the street and got looked at oddly.

Of course, it wasn't odd. Just natural.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Nov 26, 2015, 00:11
Markoid wrote:
My ex girfriends family were from Syria, and that didn't bother me at all.

Quite beautful actually. We had an embrace in London once in the street and got looked at oddly.

Why were you looked at oddly?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Dec 02, 2015, 23:15
Nov 26, 2015, 00:16
billding68 wrote:
Markoid wrote:

Why were you looked at oddly?

Both of us were. Just because we had different coloured skin. It didn't matter. We were in love!
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Dec 02, 2015, 23:35
Nov 26, 2015, 01:47

Of course, it wasn't odd. Just natural.[/quote]

Why were you looked at oddly? [/quote]

Both of us were. Just because we had different coloured skin. It didn't matter. We were in love!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Nov 28, 2015, 15:25
spencer wrote:
Can't help but jaundicedly wonder if Syria's going to be top story for a bit and the absolute shit thats going to be in Gideon's Autumn Statement's going to get second billing...

Now that we've heard Gideon's Autumn Statement - containing such unexpected bombshells as the u-turn over the abolition of tax credits and the fact that my workplace is only going to have its budget cut by 0.8% per annum instead of the projected 25-40% - I can't help but seeing it the other way round. Could the Statement have been intended to sweeten up the electorate in order to win public support for - or at least divert attention away from - an upcoming war?
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Nov 28, 2015, 17:33
Nov 28, 2015, 17:29
Reckon you may be right. Gawd bless those caring sharing Conservatives! It's amazing how many billions can be found under the carpet. Interesting comment from a former ambassador at the start of Going Underground on RT today - repeated 21-30 - to the effect that Cam and co wanted to go after Syria on I****l's behalf. Surely not?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Marr Show and petition
Nov 29, 2015, 10:01
Corbyn very calmly persuasive on Marr Show. Fallon by contrast comes across as a warmongering buffoon with shares in arms companies. Apparently our missiles don't kill civilians, so that's okay then.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/113064
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Dateline London
Nov 29, 2015, 12:42
BeebNews 24 now, or set recorder for late night repeat. Trying to diss Corbyns stance, failing miserably. As an aside, RT's found out that the big wheel behind IS oil export via Turkey is: the Turkish president's son.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index