Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Dateline London
Nov 29, 2015, 14:50
spencer wrote:
BeebNews 24 now, or set recorder for late night repeat. Trying to diss Corbyns stance, failing miserably. As an aside, RT's found out that the big wheel behind IS oil export via Turkey is: the Turkish president's son.

Corbyn was on the Marr show this morning, apparently was very good.

Fallon, the Russian spy groping drunk who's in charge of our defence was towing the party line as per usual. With that announcement from RT I wonder if dave & co will propose airstrikes on Turkey now? Probably not, they've got a bigger army than Syria.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Re: Marr Show and petition
Nov 29, 2015, 20:13
thesweetcheat wrote:

Corbyn very calmly persuasive on Marr Show. Fallon by contrast comes across as a warmongering buffoon with shares in arms companies. Apparently our missiles don't kill civilians, so that's okay then.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/113064

Yeah saw that this morning.
How anyone can claim Corbyn to be 'indecisive' or 'bumbling' is beyond a joke.
After all the crap he's had thrown at him?
Remember Ummuna, stood for leadership then ran off blabbing like a babby because there were reports he went to swanky wine bars or some nonsense.
And he's part of the team that deserves respect.
Don't think so.
Yes, not even a titmouse gets caught in the cross fire of our super accurate missiles.
They are called Brimstones, what can go wrong?
Can split a midge's penis in two (only an ISIS midge's penis mind you, all the other 'rebel' midge's are a swell bunch of 70,000 just waiting to pick up where we left off).
Now Turkey is chapping at the bit to get in the EU again.
Turkey, just pissed off Russia, now looking to be part of our club.
Turkey...oil supplies...etc etc.
And Corbyn is the danger to our national security?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 29, 2015, 20:46
There's huge momentum for no intervention today, probably following on from the Marr show today. I doubt dave & co will care about what us oiks think as they're too busy beating the war drums so dave can secure his legacy like his hero Blair, of whom he's a great admirer.

I'm against military intervention as there's no justification at the moment for us to join in, also there's enough bombs being dropped right now that anything we send will just add to the confusion there already. I think Britain could play a pivotal role in undermining the terror groups there and cut off their supplies, effectively starving them of resources and educating anyone susceptible to radicalisation that we're not the enemy, we're there to help them, not kill them, focus on what comes next and actually do something right in the ME.

Something like that (basically not killing civilians) would have much greater long term benefits for the whole world, not just create another disaster in the ME.

I love Turkey as a country but their president can fuck right off!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 29, 2015, 20:59
Aren't there mixed messages?
Fallon says we need to convince enough MPS suggesting there is more rebellion on the Tory bench than is let on (they have a majority after all, so maybe.
Also probably more Labour Mps than we are lead to believe also.
Mind you some of them would vote to ban chemotherapy if Corbyn said 'we need more chemotherapy units'.
Funny the Fire Brigades Union re-joined Labour after splitting in 2004.
Who was leader then?
Who is leader now?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 29, 2015, 21:08
I find it interesting that the tories are literally shitting themselves about not getting a majority, as not even all the tories are convinced that dave's right. So with a possible tory rebellion, Libs and SNP voting no they're basically relying on a small number of Labour MP's to shout loud enough to undermine Corbyn. The sheer idiocy of the whole this is quite remarkable to see.

I'm wondering if there's no majority support would dave be forced to resign after losing two votes on bombing Syria?
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2015, 21:37
Nov 29, 2015, 21:30
They say on one hand, 'well we are bombing Iraq, why not shuffle it along a bit and bomb Syria?
Even say 'its really daft not to'.
So why a vote then?
What are they actually 'not telling us'?
Anything you read on the case 'against' is incredibly detailed, and also rather frightening, explains if explanation were needed how friggin 'complex' it all is.
For a bit of light relief you remind yourself of Life of Brian and the People's Judea front versus the People's Front of Judea and all those factions seeking not only the same targets but seeking to make each other targets too.
The case 'for bombing' doesn't even start to recognise that.
Damn I find myself going over the dark side and clicking on the Daily Mail, reading Peter Hitchens' blog, full of good, reasoned argument as to why it's all a bad, bad move.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2015/11/this-isnt-just-a-war-its-recreational-bombing-by-our-churchill-wannabe.html
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Nov 29, 2015, 21:38
Here's the interview. Calm, clear, measured, no bumbling:

https://twitter.com/WellyTopping/status/671062105328631808
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 29, 2015, 21:40
If the mails against it I just don't know what to think any more, being totally anti that rag.

I've seen no genuine case to attack Syria. I was talking to an ex-forces friend of mine last night and although he's no fan of corbyn he's also not a supporter of bombing Syria. He's seen the effects of Iraq and Afghanistan and he's not keen for us to be a part of that again considering the mess we made. Those in favour of intervention are essentially grasping for answers, claiming that x amount of terrorist plots have been stopped, yet supply no evidence for this, they claim the Attorney General has given clear legal support for this, yet refuse to publish his report, claim UN support, where none exists.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Nov 29, 2015, 21:44
Petition now at over 92k!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Nov 29, 2015, 21:45
100,000 they have to debate it in Parliament, but then they were hardly not going to debate this subject anyway :)
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index