Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Dec 01, 2015, 15:30
Re: Plus..
Dec 01, 2015, 15:30
I would rather he had too, but again listening to Vine he does remind them on their conscience be it.
They still may have voted against him anyways.
Abstaining I do not like, amounts to condoning IMO.
What is Tom Watson up to do you think?
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Plus...
Dec 01, 2015, 18:53
Watson: pass. Had wool removed from one eye? Burnham was leading the pros at the meeting. Knew he was a twat. Just watched Yorks/ Lincs local news. Davis was on making forceful anti case, and so was Edward Leigh, who's anti too, and said many Cons had doubts. Mail puts Lab pros at only 40. Pity so many of them are in shadow cabinet. Careerist coup planning shits.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Dec 01, 2015, 21:36
Dec 01, 2015, 20:24
Watching C4 news tonight, clips from the Foreign affairs select committee meeting, Julian Lewis who we've heard much of, asked Fallon and some military sort what they actually meant by 70,000 'moderates' in Syria ready to step in.
Fallon *actually* said, head ever so slightly drooped, 'we'll have to look into it'
WTF?
And when Jon Snow reminded Benn that in Iraq, the Kurds who are doing some work fighting back I.S are actually being hammered by the Turks (our Allies fresh from pissing off Russia), he said 'oh it is complicated'.
I hope beyond hell that there are enough Tories out there ready to rebel, realising even for the sake of their own political asses this is a bad, bad move.
EDIT:

Good piece written by Corbyn.

Oh and Cameron just called Corbyn a 'terrorist sympathiser' again.

Comments underneath are heartening.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/01/cameron-failed-show-bombing-syria-isil-work-jihadist
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: Debate - and vote - Wednesday
Dec 01, 2015, 21:46
I wrote to my Tory MP yesterday, needless to say no response as yet.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Meanwhile, in the LD Fantasy Bubble...
Dec 01, 2015, 22:28
... a parallel reality where the Lib Dems still have MPs into double figures and they're keeping the Tories under control:

http://www.libdemvoice.org/tim-farrons-email-to-party-members-48480.html
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Corbyn on ITV
Dec 01, 2015, 22:30
Brilliant:

"All wars end with some kind of political settlement, why don't we start with one?"

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/671749068675153920
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Meanwhile, in the LD Fantasy Bubble...
Dec 02, 2015, 02:46
Misread that as LSD fantasy bubble. But really should not make light. It's awful, if you look beyond.. Turkey wants a piece of Syria - that bit where they have an ethnic presence, where the Russian jet got shot down - Israel wants more of the Golan than what it already occupies - the aquifer of which supplies 70% of the countrys water, as well as the freshly discovered oil and gas... then there's the Lebanon, where ISIL will be driven towards, with conflagration with Hezbollah, destabilisation and lord knows what will follow. Then, of course there's Russian and Iranian presence on the ground and air in the case of the former. US, UK etc there too on the ground and in the air. The match is lit and about to be dropped. Doubtless the next Gaza hammering will be in someones minds too. And Cam's intent on going in.. Note Liam Fox's re-emergence recently, tubthumping, having deviously almost got us into a war a few years back, and how the dear Beeb's given him airtime. A read of Craig Murray's site- which I can no longer access for some reason - might be a good idea.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Debate - and vote - Wednesday
Dec 02, 2015, 14:26
My MP's Paul Flynn, he's voting no, didn't take any convincing.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Dec 02, 2015, 14:29
40? That's down from 99 last night. Blair had 139 rebel against him so he's doing well. With the Foreign affairs Select Committee against him as well it's almost looking more balanced (wishful thinking I know!)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Dec 02, 2015, 14:30
I wonder if cameron now thinks they're terrorist sympathisers as well now?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index