Joey Barton - If I were PM...

22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Joey Barton - If I were PM...
Feb 25, 2015, 16:00
This pretty much cuts right to the heart of my thesis (due for publication sometime in the 2030s if the past 6 months are anything to go by) - so it's something I can discuss at length and would love to do just that.

But the life of a freelancer means doing the work when it's there. Which means now! I just didn't want to duck out and leave you with the impression I was ignoring your point.

Who knows... it's possible I may unexpectedly resurrect this thread in a couple of weeks.

I will just say this though...
Sin Agog wrote:
It's just a shame we need a big myth, or a catch-all logical system, in order to glean the benefits.

I'm just not entirely sure it makes sense to talk in those terms. It's analogous to saying "it's just such a shame we need eyes to translate light into information". Put simply... that's the mechanism we evolved to do that. And it's actually a pretty decent one. It worked for the vast majority of human and proto-human evolution and (in terms of longevity) cultural experience.

That it has come a cropper amidst the agricultural-industrial-technological clusterfuck is (a) hardly a surprise, and (b) indicative of a...

... three hour rant...
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index