Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Jihadists meet satire with bullets
Jan 08, 2015, 16:03
handofdave wrote:
To refocus, tho, on the killing of comic satirists... No amount of objective rationalizing is going to convince me that those murders have a shred of justification.

Its an attempt to provoke, to goad a further erosion of our values that these people find abhorrent.
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 16:07
Robot Emperor wrote:
handofdave wrote:
To refocus, tho, on the killing of comic satirists... No amount of objective rationalizing is going to convince me that those murders have a shred of justification.

Its an attempt to provoke, to goad a further erosion of our values that these people find abhorrent.

If this is a war of values they are winning as we are abandoning ours and adopting theirs.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 16:52
Lawrence wrote:
I find this despicable and I hope those responsible find out they're going to hell when they die.

I much prefer the idea of sending them there 1st class
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 17:02
Robot Emperor wrote:
Robot Emperor wrote:
handofdave wrote:

If this is a war of values they are winning as we are abandoning ours and adopting theirs.

I fear you are correct. And indeed, in some circles, this is already true... those who've tortured, those who've cheered on the deaths of hundreds of thousands caught in the maelstrom... Hardline Israeli settlers, and the militants of Hamas certainly know this tactic... push people far enough, they will lash out... and then they can point fingers and say "See? They are animals! Animals who don't deserve to live!"
Vicious circle....
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Jan 08, 2015, 18:02
Im just glad others have decided to speak theyre minds on this topic ive personally been put on blast many a time for not giving the proper P.C. bullshit responses to the issue of Islamic terror actions. Meaning rather than blame myself or my country for someone else's action I blame the perpetrator of the action themselves, which in some circles is considered hatred.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Jan 08, 2015, 18:13
Jan 08, 2015, 18:13
A few years ago there was constant news about the viscous mayhem in Algeria. Perhaps with the evolving nature of this story that this is a manifestaton of that poisonous aftermath bunged in with what has been happening since Algeria of 15 - 20 years ago spread to other parts of the middle east and now back in France again. It is complete bollocks men like Farage are insinuating a 5th Column or multi culturism is to blame less than 12 hours after the atrocity
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 10, 2015, 16:03
Can't say I disagree with that
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 10, 2015, 16:05
Really interesting article by Will Self. Agree, disagree, whatever certainly gave me something to think about

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/will-self-charlie-hebdo-attack-the-west-satire-france-terror-105
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 10, 2015, 16:17
There's one constant you can always rely on when these things occur. People like farage will always be a cunt!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jan 10, 2015, 16:24
I see where you're coming from there, and I do agree. I see the attacks in the west as a result of our own actions though. The powers that be in the west, primarily the US and UK, have essentially painted huge targets on the countries and on the people who live there. If you rattle people up, attack their countries and values it's obvious there's going to be reprisals, such is always the case.

For attacks in our own countries we can't blame the people who we've bullied and stolen from for decades for getting pissed off eventually.

Luckily these people do represent the very small minority of people who join these groups, I won't compliment them by calling them Muslims as they're about as Muslim as I am the King of England!

Aren't IS the group the US were supporting in Syria?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index