Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Ian Tomlinson unlawfully killed
May 16, 2011, 15:47
PMM wrote:
So noticing that your response to my analogy perfectly summed up what Merrick was saying was jumping on the bandwagon. How convenient. Much easier than actually trying to explain why you think what you do.

Are you still going on about that crap analogy?

Blimey.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

May 18, 2011, 19:58
Locodogz wrote:
Happily corrected that your "all" were only those committing acts of assault - still think it's a little dodgy.

Fair point. I meant it as a turn of phrase; that it was the luck of the draw, that Harwood's attack on Tomlinson was by no means the worst such assault on the day but he was unfortunate enough to have picked on someone who died of it soon after. You're right that it's not 'lucky' in the lottery sense.

Locodogz wrote:
Your point about the implications of PC Harwoods colleagues inaction - well I thought you yourself earlier described as "shonky" the logic that this means they had all committed similar acts?

I think we've misunderstood here - you appeared to be criticising the use of the word 'all' in the phrase 'colleagues don't react at all'; I think that's something shown on the video so can't really be disagreed with.

If you're referring to the original point, that they'd all done it earlier that day then yes, I have already said that you're right, is an exaggeration and inaccurate. I should have said that a serious proportion of them had committed similar acts, and surely an overwhelming majority had done it or seen it yet not reported it.

Locodogz wrote:
Indeed a number of them reported his actions didn't they which would imply (that word agin!) at least some thought his actions excessive?

The number of officers is one. (The other two were later identified by superiors and called in and asked to make statements). It was an officer with Harwood who came forward a couple of days after Tomlinson died. One wonders what would have happened had Tomlinson not died.

As far as we know, none have come forward to report any other uses of excessive force on the day even though it happened many thousands of times.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

May 24, 2011, 12:19
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/may/24/tomlinson-police-officer-manslaughter-trial

x
Ziggypop
Ziggypop
300 posts

May 26, 2011, 02:31
I fear he won't get a fair trial as everybody already knows he's guilty :-)
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

May 26, 2011, 13:46
I fear he won't get a fair trial cos he's a cop and the mere fact of overwhelming evidence against them doesn't guarantee a conviction! Just ask Delroy Smellie or David Duckenfield.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

May 27, 2011, 15:07
He's been charged with manslaughter. I think that's a better outcome than not being charged with manslaughter. Hopefully that, and the blessed £19.99 mobile phone will deter this kind of thing.
x
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index