86 posts

Re: Cutty Cut Cut Cut
Oct 20, 2010, 17:56
jshell wrote:
wychburyman wrote:
mingtp wrote:
I work in Education.

Same here, I'm not optimistic

My wife too, but seeing as they are training far more teachers than there are jobs, she can only get supply work.

classic tactic to keep wages down, that
toasted-whippet
toasted-whippet
86 posts

Oct 20, 2010, 20:22
I'm in no position to gloat, working in further education, but I can't help wonder what all those military and police people think about their cuts, when you can pretty much guarantee that they all voted Conservative to a man (and woman)!
jshell
333 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 08:20
I'm no economist, but years of Brown's spendity-spend-spend-spend and fiscal policy disasters have to be paid from somewhere. I don't think the Con-Dems have it right, but as I said I'm no economist.

It's wake up and smell the wasted cash time... Everyone knew this was gonna be tough. I'm applying for overseas jobs again!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 09:29
jshell wrote:
I'm no economist, but years of Brown's spendity-spend-spend-spend and fiscal policy disasters have to be paid from somewhere. I don't think the Con-Dems have it right, but as I said I'm no economist.

It's wake up and smell the wasted cash time... Everyone knew this was gonna be tough. I'm applying for overseas jobs again!

I'm sorry, but to me this "blame it all on Brown" business is a complete smokescreen to divert attention from the real culprits - the banks. It was their greed and gambling with our money that smashed the economy. The ConDems are blaming "the previous administration" at every opportunity in the hope that the mud sticks and people forget the real cause. Unfortunately, as your post illustrates, it seems to be working.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 11:03
With you on that Squid. Good point, well made.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2010, 12:14
Oct 21, 2010, 12:14
Quite. For banks it was private profit, public losses and they knew it. This is caused by Cameron's friends and it's they who will profit from it.

x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 13:25
I think it is quite important to keep this fresh in peoples minds before the ConDem propoganda completely takes over the general mindset.
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 13:46
Friend of mine who was on staff at a uni in Brum has been cut and now she's back teaching as a contractor, cos she was actually competent!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 13:48
Being competant won't help everyone in this, Nick.
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 13:50
Whoever was in government through this recession/recovery is going to be very unpopular for a long time, doesn't matter who it is. Suspect the gentler cutting (or more QE) they're doing in the US will not gain Obama any favour. The majority will just hate whoever is in government at the moment.

I hope that'll work in Labours favour for the next election, and people will look back at the ConDem government with a similar level of loathing that kept the Tories out since Labour's election in '97.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index