Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2010, 14:09
Re: Cutty Cut Cut Cut
Oct 21, 2010, 14:07
After reading all of these comments which I mostly agree with its fairly obvious that they, the ConDems, have planned to do the rough stuff first and put in sweeteners prior to the next British election. Watching some of the LibDems squirm about university fees etc is quite sad as some of them are decent people, Campbell, Kennedy etc. The Libs will join the Tories at a possible wipe out at the Scottish election. I wonder what will happen then Labour aren't much use, tho the central belt normally goes back to Labour traditions, or will the SNP (equally inept Salmond's deal with Trump ensuring I left that party) make breakthroughs, I wonder what will happen then.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2010, 14:16
Oct 21, 2010, 14:13
When was the last time Britain's public spending was slashed by more than 20 per cent? Not in my mother's lifetime. Not even in my grandmother's lifetime. No, it was in 1918, when a Conservative-Liberal coalition said the best response to a global economic crisis was to rapidly pay off this country's debts. The result? Unemployment soared from 6 per cent to 19 per cent, and the country's economy collapsed so severely that they lost all ability to pay their bills and the debt actually rose from 114 per cent to 180 per cent. "History doesn't repeat itself," Mark Twain said, "but it does rhyme."

Not a huge fan of Hari, but his column today was suitably angry.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 14:25
Good article. Depressing as fuck, but confirms my feelings.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 14:30
Squid Tempest wrote:
Depressing as fuck

Aye, I've been on a downer all day about this. Got a gig tonight which may cheer me up, or I may ruin my friends' wedding by playing Joy Division all night :)
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: Cunty Cut Cut Cut
Oct 21, 2010, 14:37
Agreed. In Nottingham at my placement they're waiting to see how the cuts are going to be spread across youth/social services, having already shutdown an adult counselling service (who have a great reputation), luckily my placement is fairly secure, not so sure if you're a 26 or over client. That was a big reduction in places GPs etc can refer on to.

With my friend the irony is that she's probably earning as much or more now she's self employed, and gets to choose her hours/lectures etc. She thought that might happen, works well for her but not so much other important members of her former team.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 14:39
mingtp wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Depressing as fuck

Aye, I've been on a downer all day about this. Got a gig tonight which may cheer me up, or I may ruin my friends' wedding by playing Joy Division all night :)

Hope it cheers you up, ming. We all need a bit of sunshine in this bloody awful "climate" they keep telling us about...
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 14:39
mingtp wrote:
or I may ruin my friends' wedding by playing Joy Division all night :)

Depends on how much they like JD doesn't it? :-D
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2010, 14:44
Oct 21, 2010, 14:43
ratcni01 wrote:
mingtp wrote:
or I may ruin my friends' wedding by playing Joy Division all night :)

Depends on how much they like JD doesn't it? :-D

Lets just say the remit for tonight is very far away from anything that good. I can just imagine the scene; the bride in tears, the groom looking to punch my nose as I hog the mic shouting "this is for all you cunts who voted Tory" before spinning something very heavy and very nasty :)
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Oct 21, 2010, 14:48
mingtp wrote:
This is for all you cunts who voted Tory

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!
jshell
333 posts

WTF!!!!
Oct 21, 2010, 14:51
mingtp wrote:
With you on that Squid. Good point, well made.

No, no it really wasn’t, nor well made. The banks have to take their share of the blame, that’s agreed, but they are banks, the EPITOME of capitalism, but without whom we couldn’t survive. So, who has their hands on the reigns? Who didn't control the banks and actually removed controls? The Chancellor, that’s who. His fiscal mistakes exacerbated all of what was happening. In 2007 I was working in the US for a couple of months. I could see where things were going, and if it happens in the US, it happens in the UK a few week/months later. So, I made preparations. Did Brown? Did he fuck, and he’s supposed to be the expert! He sold the bullion reserves at rock bottom, trashed the pensions and failed to react on the economy.

I understand some of the unswerving support for Labour on here, but fuckers forget that they brought the most democracy-damaging control-freakery we’ve ever seen. Orwell’s ’84 didn’t go as far as these cnuts. Illegal costly wars! CCTV on every corner, email snooping, police out of control, DNA database that you stay on even if innocent, the start of the benefit cuts, the fuck up of drugs laws – I could go on.

I don’t like the Tories, but I hate the Brown/Bliar pact even more for what they’ve done.

Someone tell me why you like Labour so much after what they done????? I do not understand how anyone who believes they have a jot of righteous political action in their body can support the party that would force ID cards on you. Maggie’s nearly dead, move on FFS!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index