U-Know! Forum »
Ed Miliband wins Labour leadership

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kilgore Trout
95 posts

Re: Ed Miliband wins Labour leadership
Sep 29, 2010, 18:02
She's (literally seconds ago!) just put her oar in over Daviband's exit from the shadow cabinet.

I don't think she gets it to be honest. Although we should probably remember that New Labour turned hackneyed spin into the nauseating art form it is today.

On the whole, i think the election of Ed might look a lot smarter a year or so down the line when folks may be looking for something remotely distinguishable from the aggressively cuts-driven Cameron model. That's assuming that the right-wing media haven't beaten him to a pulp already (as a supposedly shining example, our democracy is in a pretty weird, beleaguered state if you ask me).

David seems to be the better orator at the moment (hopefully his brother will grow into it), but his outlook is too obviously Blair/Brown-esque to inspire anything more than groans. It's not just mythical 'middle England' that needs to be stirred.

I'm personally not expecting miracles (as a pretty firm leftie, i'm sure i'll be rolling my eyes at Ed before long), but i do think it's worth getting behind even a flawed leader if they're going to have a chance of providing a decent alternative to... well, what's about to happen under the Coalition.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index