U-Know! Forum »
neighbours from hell

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: neighbours from hell
Jul 29, 2002, 12:05
In our last house the neighbours were always playing cod hihop at deafening volumes. We tried talking to them (as we had a 3 month old child at the time who was always being woken up) .Then we replied with that Leftfield 'guiness' add music looped on the MD for a few hours with the speakers turned to the wall covered in cushions. That didn't work. Then i tried infrasound from the keyboard, with partial success (especially at 3am) though that wasn't totally successful (got fed up getting up early in the morning, as i was knackered from out little en' crying/feeding).
Finally, after months of incessant noise we got onto Environmenal Services who monitored the noise for a few weeks, then came and took away their equipment, and had them evicted.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

vote now!
Jul 31, 2002, 09:18
Do we think that 22:10 is a reasonable time to start vacuuming?
PaulB
188 posts

Re: vote now!
Jul 31, 2002, 13:52
Only if you've finished with the power tools.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jul 31, 2002, 14:02
And only if it's an industrial vacuum cleaner!

Or are we on the wrong side? Did your neighbour start to vacuum at 22:10 or do you want to do so?
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

Aug 01, 2002, 09:30
Whichever side you wish to be. in seriousness, if you were living in such proximity to your neighbours that their every word was audible and it was clear that they worked weekdays, rising some time between 7 and 8 am, would you think 10pm a reasonable time to start vacuuming?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Aug 01, 2002, 09:55
Only in an emergency. Like if I'd dropped something horrid over the floor and needed to get it up (and a dust pan & brush would not do it).

As a general guide to routine vacuuming - No!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Aug 01, 2002, 10:09
I vote for no vacuuming generally. And no ironing.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Aug 01, 2002, 10:58
Yeah, Rhiannon, I totally agree. Many a time I've had to knock a broom on the ceiling to get the bastards to turn the ironing down... :-)
SpaceMonkey
25 posts

Re: neighbours from hell
Aug 02, 2002, 23:05
You're a witch, Freyja! There are spells to deal with it!
ps...as a fellow wiccan, what exactly are niding poles?!
Blessed be
FFFF
Trev :)
Estelle
89 posts

Re:peoples cats
Aug 04, 2002, 17:10
It isn't the cat that's the problem. I don't think that comments about killing pets are funny. The cretins that do such things usually murder the wrong cat too.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index