U-Know! Forum »
neighbours from hell

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Freyja
22 posts

neighbours from hell
Jul 21, 2002, 23:35
isnt it about time that relentlessly noisy, obnoxious bastards are wiped out. one day i fully intend to get in touch with my dark side and curse my f***ing neighbours to everlasting silence. No - i dont wish to listen to second-hand opera for 3 hours whilst i am trying to enjoy an atmospheric film. no, i dont wish to have news, weather and sport updates everytime i go for a shit. and no, i dont wish to listen to piano music at 0100 hrs in the morning when i have work the next day. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh they said, try talking to him, yep yep yep, done that loads of times, phoned him at six in the morning to tell him to shut the fuck up because he was playing his radio loud so he could hear it in the shower. what a f***ing wanker!! i have tried retaliating (which usually gets people nowhere) and surprise it didnt make any difference.. has ANYONE had to put up with this kind of shit? and if so, other than calling the police (which i would like to avoid doing) what did you do about it?
your advice would be greatly appreciate.
thank you

a very annoyed, stressed out witch, who really doesnt want to resort to wax and p/quills or indeed niding poles through his loft hatch...
marvel63
marvel63
146 posts

Re: neighbours from hell
Jul 21, 2002, 23:46
Ozzy threw a log through his neighbors window! Than again that's in t.v. land (but it's reality t.v.) Going to the cops usually does it. If it keeps up and the cops have to keep coming, then things happen. Then again I live in L.A.
PaulB
188 posts

Jul 21, 2002, 23:55
I'd say you're lucky, round here we have to contend with blokes-and-cars syndrome ;)

IIRC there are grounds for action if the neighbours are excessively noisy. Check with your other neighbours and also keep a diary of events.

As for revenge - there's that three-fold rule that applies to witchcraft etc (not that we believe in any of that old nonsense). I'd go for justice rather than nasty revenge if all else fails. If it's your bag, there are more than a few deities out there who are associated with justice: the Norse god Tyr or the Greek goddess Athena etc. Either way, I always think that bad things happen to bad people - or even inconsiderate types ;)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jul 22, 2002, 09:00
I had to put up with it for a while from one neighbour. No tactics seem to work with these folks. Doing the same back certainly doesn't. Boiling their cat does sometimes, but that's not a particularly nice thing to do.

Nail a chicken to his front door!

In an ideal world you would be able to use a live one for these purposes and everybody would understand! That usually works :-)
stray
stray
2057 posts

Jul 22, 2002, 12:59
Go on, make a niding pole, get yer thruses and isa's out. ;) You know u want to.

Alternatively, get some drone music and blast some low hums at them (< 63Hz). Have you tried a face2face discussion with them ? Claim you work nights ? Say you really dont 'want to take things further ?'. Surely, if they're 'opera heads' they aren't the kind who would be able to deal effectively with a police visit IYKWIM. (shit stray, was that a classist comment ?). If you want to gerrim then make sure the annoyance is happening after 11PM and b4 8Am, cos outside of that you can pretty much make as much noise as you like under present laws. Your local council should have a seperate department that deals with noise annoyance.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

Jul 22, 2002, 14:09
does 'noise annoyance' include the stamping and slamming of unco-ordinated and inconsiderate neighbours (e.g. my local elephants heard)? Or does it just apply to their sound-systems?
stray
stray
2057 posts

Jul 22, 2002, 16:00
It applys to all behaviour, including revving cars to their redline at 2am.
PaulB
188 posts

Jul 22, 2002, 16:37
Just what is that revving the car malarky all about anyway?
Razor Penguin
84 posts

Jul 22, 2002, 16:39
I called the cops on the bitch that lived above me a few years back. It was on my birthday and I was completely fed up. The guy came out and basically told me that since it was private property he couldn't do anything. He offered to go up and talk to the individual and she just refused to open the door.

I moved to a cottage shortly thereafter.

Of course this was a harassment deal rather than an ear-splitting music one. In the latter case maybe something could be done, since the cops would be able to hear it from outside.

But what goes around DOES come around. It's the law of the universe. Sometimes it takes a while though. Maybe Freyja should throw the I Ching and see what it says? I dunno.
ron
ron
706 posts

xtreme neighbours, xtreme measures
Jul 22, 2002, 18:50
weellll... a story of bad neighbours on both sides of the fence...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020720/ap_wo_en_po/us_helicopter_shooting_1

just can't imagine how he managed to miss?

just remember kids, be careful whom u fuck with, they might shoot back... as the saying goes, it's all fun and games til someone loses an eye...

x
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index