Stop Thatcher having a state funeral

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Re: Stop Thatcher having a state funeral
Jul 16, 2009, 22:01
Surely they'll need to cut her head off and put a stake through where her heart should be?

I refer you all to Mr Costello: "And when they finally put you in the ground/I'll stand there laughing and tramp the dirt down"
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Aug 13, 2009, 11:52
http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page20346

Thursday 13 August 2009
Thatchfuneral - epetition response
We received a petition asking:

“We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to not support a state funeral for Baroness Thatcher.”

Details of Petition:

“Baroness Margaret Hilda Thatcher is not deserving of a state funeral. To deem her worthy of such an honour is to overlook a host of awful things, like her support for General Augusto Pinochet, and to overlook many more deserving candidates.”

· Read the petition
· Petitions homepage

Read the Government’s response
Thank you for your e-petition.

In the event of the death of any former Prime Minister, the Government is responsible for liaising with the family and representatives of the deceased about arrangements for a suitable service of remembrance, including any administrative support from the Government. For reasons which we hope will be understood, it would not be appropriate to make any comment about detail of any discussions.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 13, 2009, 12:47
It was them brought it up in the first place.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Edited Aug 13, 2009, 13:12
Aug 13, 2009, 12:59
edited for being thick....
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Aug 14, 2009, 01:30
Noted.
fauny fergus
fauny fergus
310 posts

Aug 16, 2009, 09:12
Thatcher and the state deserve each other.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Aug 16, 2009, 09:47
fauny fergus wrote:
Thatcher and the state deserve each other.

Ah let her have it. She aint the problem any more, and the more anger you direct at her the less you have to direct at things you may actually be able to make a difference about.

And, if you actually care, at least a state funeral will mean she is dead and you can FINALLY move on.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Aug 16, 2009, 17:54
Aug 16, 2009, 17:46
Funnily enough if Cameron was in power then no way would he sanction such a thing, seeing as he likes to distance himself from the unmentionable one, publically at least.

Anyway, is this anything more than *bored speculation*?

Of course I am assuming that the real fear here is she'll get a big dogs balls Diana job, which I doubt.

All the same I can't see whoever the pm is by then not turning up to the bloody thing.

Also I think some here don't want her to have a funeral at all.

:-)

x
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Sep 08, 2009, 17:52
Aug 18, 2009, 17:06
I'm not entirely sure about that - there's now a whole generation of people who are too young to remember the Thatcher years in much detail, and even some people who were there have very short memories. Admittedly she may now be too frail / senile / doolally to constitute a threat in herself, but I still object to the idea of my tax money subsidising a funeral for someone who made a career out of privatising / deregulating every industry she got her hands on - especially during a recession.

If she has a funeral, it should be her wretched family that pay for it.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Aug 18, 2009, 17:08
ooh, you wag.....
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index