Stop Nick Griffin

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Greens in Leeds
May 27, 2009, 14:49
fair enough, but a bit late by then. Sounded to me like they were simply trying to extract themselves from the mire they had thrown themselves into
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Nick Griffin reverts to type
May 27, 2009, 16:36
http://5cc.blogspot.com/2009/05/nick-griffin-reverts-to-type.html
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: Stop Nick Griffin
May 27, 2009, 16:43
grufty jim wrote:
it's probably worth doing in the short term until we work out something better ("bricks and baseball bats", perhaps, in the words of Woody Allen?)

For those who didn't know the reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCb2Le3wtIk
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Vote Against The BNP
May 27, 2009, 16:55
Merrick wrote:
Weirdly, I've just finished writing a piece about the UKIP leaflet that came through the door. The concluding paragraph is:

If I'm going to be fucked over by a greedy capitalist elite it's vital that the puppets they install to ease their path round here are born in the same country as me. I'm voting UKIP.

Personally, I'm hoping that each country fields as many fanatically xenophobic candidates for the EP as possible. Anything that splits the far right vote has to be a good thing in tactical terms, at least - it's when they're united that they're at their most dangerous (witness the now forcibly renamed Vlaams Blok gaining 24.1 % of the vote in Flanders back in 04).
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited May 27, 2009, 17:21
Re: Nick Griffin reverts to type
May 27, 2009, 17:03
Merrick wrote:

Sigh. If only he were dumb enough to be that explicit about his prejudices in public. If he were still coming out with openly racist shite like "all black people will be repatriated, even if they were born here" he'd be less of a threat than he is now. Now that the BNP actually stand a chance of gaining some seats in the Europen parliament, he's playing the obvious tactic of trying to win over swing voters by re-marketing his loathsome organisation as a party with a rationale and legitimate aims and ethics, which is what worries me the most(wolves in sheep's clothing and all that).
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Nick Griffin reverts to type
May 27, 2009, 17:21
They usually are that explicit in their meetings. Isn't anyone recording their public meetings and publishing them anymore ?
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

May 28, 2009, 21:13
yeah', much as it sticks in my craw prime's right on this one.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jun 04, 2009, 17:14
It's not often I praise the Daily Mirror but it seems they've put a lot of effort (and dosh) in warning against voting BNP. I've had a free info-paper through my door with several articles denouncing the BNP and a piece by Eddie Izzard plus a couple of days ago there were people in town distributing leaflets produced by the Mirror along similar lines. The Manchester Evening News has been running a concerted anti-BNP campaign in the run up to the voting too.

The cynical among us may wish to see this as a mere promotional exercise but even if that's so, I can live with that under the circumstances.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Jun 05, 2009, 10:46
Moon Cat wrote:
The cynical among us may wish to see this as a mere promotional exercise but even if that's so, I can live with that under the circumstances.

Yep. Beats the fuck out of them doing a pro-BNP exercise! and it puts anyone talking for the BNP on the back foot, having to defend their racism and say that somehow deporting all non-whites isn't racist.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jun 05, 2009, 15:24
Merrick wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:

Yep. Beats the fuck out of them doing a pro-BNP exercise! and it puts anyone talking for the BNP on the back foot, having to defend their racism and say that somehow deporting all non-whites isn't racist.

Yes, I thought the "Hope Not Hate" leaflet was surprisingly readable given
whom it was published by - even if it seemeed to regurgitate several of the points you'd already made in your blog!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index