Stop Nick Griffin

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Stop Nick Griffin
May 22, 2009, 23:19
The BNP are poised to have their leader, convicted racist Nick Griffin, elected as an MEP. The campaign to stop him is well underway.

http://www.stopnickgriffin.org.uk/

Especially urgent (they need the dosh by the end of today) is the campaign to get £8k so they can put ads in the Liverpool Echo and Manchester Evening News to counter the coverage the BNP have been getting.

Even if you don't live in the area, you can donate dosh. And get anyone you know wherever they are - but especially in the BNP's target areas of East Midlands, Yorkshire and Humber, West Midlands and North West - to vote for a party likely to score more than the BNP.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Stop Nick Griffin
May 23, 2009, 00:34
Will definately make the effort to go and vote Green this year then Merrick. Far more value to that than spoiling my paper.
Mike Stand
Mike Stand
61 posts

May 23, 2009, 01:13
Is it OK to shoot him?
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

May 23, 2009, 12:04
That's far too quick and easy for the pontoon eyed wanker!

Is there a more punchable face than his?
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 23, 2009, 13:15
May 23, 2009, 13:06
Ricky Hatton in round 2?
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 23, 2009, 13:28
May 23, 2009, 13:09
Did you watch their election broadcast last night? You couldn't call it slick. Or even coherently edited. Seemed like it was shot on someone's Nokia. Also the body language looked like the result of a media training crash course that had gone a bit wrong. Perhaps it's all a subtle ruse to make people who might be tempted to vote strategically against them not take them seriously. That or they don't have quite as much money in their fighting fund as some think. Thought it was interesting that Have I Got News For You singled him out for ridicule just a couple of hours later.

Then again if they couldn't make it work after their 16% showing in West Brom in 73 and the Three Day Week etc you wonder if the far right will ever catch a wave here. There's always a lurch when Labour are hapless and the Tories are especially weak chinned and hunting for middle ground. Then a lurch back.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

May 23, 2009, 13:29
IanB wrote:
There's always a lurch when Labour are hapless and the Tories are especially weak chinned and hunting for middle ground. Then a lurch back.

i suspect your probably right, but perhaps that lurch back has always been pushed by vigilant anti-fascist efforts. Let's not chance it, eh?
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 23, 2009, 13:45
May 23, 2009, 13:38
Merrick wrote:
IanB wrote:
There's always a lurch when Labour are hapless and the Tories are especially weak chinned and hunting for middle ground. Then a lurch back.

i suspect your probably right, but perhaps that lurch back has always been pushed by vigilant anti-fascist efforts. Let's not chance it, eh?

Of course to a measurable extent that is true though you wonder how much effect say the ANL and RAR or any other anti Fascist organisation had on voters in a constituency like West Bromwich. There will always be a minority of people who hold far right wing views at the front of their daily lives. Others sublimate those views and like it or not having those views represented on the ballot paper is part of the process and now and again a portion of the electorate "acts out" and gives the Tories a reminder not to forget about them. So I prefer the Tories feral than this horribly media conscious luke warm Blairist crap they serve up these days. Of course anyone with a vague knowledge of labour relations in this country in the second half of the 20th century would be well aware that racism and misogyny have not always been the preserve of the far right either. Those views rise and fall with people's sense of job security and both major parties need a bit of a wake up call on that count. Islington is not England. Never was.
micmacmoc
micmacmoc
288 posts

May 23, 2009, 14:37
Nick Griffin and Piers Morgan, two punchable faces.
I think Nick wins in the end though, I would love to. What an ignorant ill educated smirking pillock.
Earl Mallard
Earl Mallard
555 posts

May 23, 2009, 16:46
So in the last few weeks I've had a BNP leaflet through the door, and saw them campaigning this afternoon.

They offered me a paper and suddenly I was surrounded by three of them in my face saying 'we're not racists!!', spitting bits of food as they spoke, they were horrible peopel!

Wish i'd shown more disgust, but all I said was 'I'm actually not going to stand here and argue with you because I feel embarrased to be stood here talking to you' and walked off!! Weirdos.
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index