pooley
501 posts

Re: grin
Mar 11, 2009, 10:38
Vybik Jon wrote:
pooley wrote:
Vybik Jon wrote:
pooley wrote:
[Many people I know, who support her cause, are annoyed at this act.

And, of course/of cause, many people aren't.

A somewhat pointless point.

pooley wrote:
I will say again - these protests do not do a thing to help the cause, it is counter productive as is holding up runways.

Yes they do. They make some people go and find out what the protester is protesting about.

pooley wrote:
You need the public with you, or nothing will change.

That is such a fatalist attitude.

Why do you bother?

pooley wrote:
Why is it fatalistic to suggest that to have change you need public opinion? A somewhat pointless comment!
How are you ever going to change things without it? Are you going to force people to change against their will? isn't that facism?????.

The one shining example that has been thrown at you and which you've never adequately fended is the example ofthe US civil rights movement.

You said above:

"How are you ever going to change things without it? Are you going to force people to change against their will? isn't that facism?????"

Good job the US civil rights movement never took that view.

[quote="pooley"]Why do I bother? the first good question on here for a fuck of a long time!!! Happy days

Well? Why do you?

Typical pooley - jump in, stir it all up and never offer an answer.

Why do you bother?

Thanks Vybik, for your kind words. Can we never discuss anything without resorting to insults? you big beardy viking bastard!

I have answered the civil rights question, i thought, in a previous (if very similiar) discussion. I will endeavour to look through and cut and paste - I think the gist of it was that two very different situations, and what you'd do in one would not work in the other - one is a blatent attack on a whole group of people for the colour of their skin, the other is getting people to adopt a different lifestyle. Any way, I'll look for it.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index